Capitol Armory ad

Undesirable juror. How do I make myself into such?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And how many people are going to know that a 900-series SSN is invalid for this purpose?

ETA - Yes, I know it's not technically an SSN but people treat them as if they are.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Great, thanks to this thread I get a notice today that I have been selected. Why do they make it sound so negative? The summons almost looks like an eviction notice. Anyway, gotta go April 16th.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    If it's in Midland county, make damn sure all your stickers and placards are up to date. The deputies are quite proficient in pointing out to you when/if they are not.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Great, thanks to this thread I get a notice today that I have been selected. Why do they make it sound so negative? The summons almost looks like an eviction notice. Anyway, gotta go April 16th.
    Make sure you get there early, or you’ll never find parking.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Only selected one time and have never been selected again. They ask a lot of questions to weed guys like me out. Most questions have something to do with the crime they need a jury for.

Armed Robbery:

Does anyone here own a firearm?

Raise hand immediately if not sooner. U BETCHA, my fav is my AR 10T Sniper grade with 40x scope, can drill an eyeball at 800 yds, but sure hated to give up my bump stocks.

Thank you Sir, more info than we needed to know, anyone else?

YES, there would not have been any armed robbery if Mr StoreKeeper had a Desert Eagle 50 cal on his hip, that alone would have scared the BeJesus out the perp, if not it would have left a hole you could drive a truck thru! Ya know the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun and when seconds count the LEO's are only minutes away.

Of course depending upon the lawyer:

Ok, you 2 guys will do, this oughta be a short trial

or

Anyone here a member of PETA and voted for Gabby Giffords?

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    In Harris county, when going to jury duty you can park anywhere and then take the bus or train for free. Are other counties the same?

Ector county has dedicated parking for the jury pool but it fills up really quickly. If you get a parking ticket on the streets surrounding the courthouse, they’ll take care of it. But those spots fill up quickly too. I arrived an hour early last time, and took the last street parking spot. Didn’t even feed the meter since they were taking care of it anyway.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    ON the questionaire in my area they ask you if there are any reasons that you might not make a good jurur. They also ask if you have interests in insurance companies. I know people who put on theirs that "I am racist, predjudice, homophobic, anti-semetic and hate everyone including white people" The person really is not any of those, but did not want to be on the juror

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm a citizen and I won't lie to get out of jury duty, not that I would be crazy about being on one, just feel it's my duty. Of course if they ask again, I will tell them the same, let the punishment fit the crime.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    a JUDGE once told me to toss the notifications in the trash and nothing would ever happen. If never heard of anyone having a bench warrant issued for non-compliance.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet
    I have been called about every 18 months over the last 20 years. And never once actually got picked… made it to actual selection one time. Didnt get picked.
    Each time was a wasted day in the big city
    But I did my best. I hate anyone having the power to randomly demand I show up somwhere( or else) when I haven’t done anything. Civic duty? There is no jury of your peers in actuality. They might as well have professional paid juries and leave the rest of us alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom