• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    My wife was a college professor at Wichita State University, in Kansas. One thing we learned was even in a conservative state, most of the college professors are liberal. When I say most I mean the vast majority of them. KU is noted as a bastion of liberal wackiness. The tenure system was developed to promote academic freedom, but it has become a threat to differing professional opinions because if you don't toe the academic party line in your department, you will not get tenure. It becomes very incestuous.
    Lynx Defense

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Kinda thinking based upon what he said this could be construed as a threat to your children.

Gonna send this out ASAP, my wife is out on a ranch here in Texas hunting with her girlfriends, one of which is Wayne's (NRA) wife. Her cell fone service is spotting at best, but I will see if I can get some feed back...

I'm both an aspiring NRA member (gonna be sending my check tomorrow) and the son of a current NRA member. You can bet your ass I take this inhuman scum's statement as a threat. A minor, laughable threat, but still a threat. Suffice to say that I'll be sending this piece of excrement a piece of my mind.

Last edited:

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Professor at U of K - Has no idea what the real world looks like from his ivory tower.

2. Journalism professor. That and teaching are where the losers go that can't learn useful stuff ... so not real bright to start with.

3. An incredible inability to "shut the f##k up" - His real undoing.

Three strikes!!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I'm both an aspiring NRA member (gonna be sending my check tomorrow) and the son of a current NRA member. You can bet your ass I take this inhuman s$#@!'s statement as a threat. A minor, laughable threat, but still a threat. Suffice to say that I'll be sending this piece of excrement a piece of my mind.
    Good on you bud...

Wife got back yesterday about 4, she did not get my e mail till she got out on I 35, so the subject was not brought up while she and her GFs were down on the ranch. She being back a cooler full of Dove for the table.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Action has and is being taken.

University of Kansas suspends professor David Guth over vile tweets | Mail Online

David Guth, Kansas Professor, On Leave After Controversial Tweet -- But GOP Lawmakers Want Him Fired

Journalism prof placed on leave after anti-NRA tweet - NBC News.com

Also as an 'associate' professor, I don't think he has the protection of the tenure system which applies to full tenured professors. Being tenured is usually a hard thing to get at respectable universities, not something that is given away freely.

Last edited:

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Action has and is being taken.

University of Kansas suspends professor David Guth over vile tweets | Mail Online

David Guth, Kansas Professor, On Leave After Controversial Tweet -- But GOP Lawmakers Want Him Fired

Journalism prof placed on leave after anti-NRA tweet - NBC News.com

Also as an 'associate' professor, I don't think he has the protection of the tenure system which applies to full tenured professors. Being tenured is usually a hard thing to get at respectable universities, not something that is given away freely.

If he doesn't have tenure then he can be easily terminated (fired, that is) with extreme prejudice......

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Being on paid leave is the normal for govt workers, teachers, union members etc. The purpose of this is to hide the person, get them off the radar and after some time from a few weeks to a year or more bring them back into a different position and a promotion. Its called: muck up and move up. Saw it in my 26 year govt career time and time and time again.

26 years and I only saw ONE civilian lose his job (that I personally knew). He was a director of logistics, and was stealing govt property. FBI caught him and he was fired and went to court. He lost his job, retirement, everything and in lieu of jail was given probation. He chilled out a few months, called teh Govt Union, they got him his job back or retirement, he chose retirement (had 25 years service), got FULL retirement backdated to the time he got fired PLUS he got a $25,000 CASH BONUS. Yes I know for a fact, have know him for many, many years personally, never worked with or for him, know him from social and personal contact.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    College professors must go for tenure after 7 years on the job. There are three ranks, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor (commonly referred to as Full Professor). Tenure can be granted to any of the three ranks, and professors of any rank can be fired (contract not renewed) for any or no reason up until they receive tenure.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    College professors must go for tenure after 7 years on the job. There are three ranks, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor (commonly referred to as Full Professor). Tenure can be granted to any of the three ranks, and professors of any rank can be fired (contract not renewed) for any or no reason up until they receive tenure.
    I only saw one get fired, LOL, I got him fired in spite of shoving his azz out out of a 2nd story window, or at least shoving him into the window and telling him he was going DOWN!

He gave me a D for the course, which was changed by the Dean to an A upon his review. Seems he had a grind on for Vietnam vets. When I got my D I gatherered up about 4 of my buds to include the guy that worked with me on the paper that determined out grade...it was a two person research paper, so we have to break down the class into teams...he got an A I got a D, in spite of not being able to discern who did what part.

We headed to his office and met face to face. I asked and he looked up and told me 'I don't give good grades to baby killers'. Simple, I reached across his desk, grabbed him by the stacking swivel (collar for you civy folks) and told him I was gonna shove his friggin a out the window, I got him into the window when my buddies stepped in and said don't kill him.

Then I went to see the Dean..What the prof did not know was I being only 1 of 5 Vietnam vets on campus was HIGHLY regarded by the school and the Dean has a son in Vietnam. I stopped the Deans office regularly to drink coffee with him and had a "open door" anytime. Dean said I will take care of it. Next semester the Dean called me in and said problem fixed, slid my grades across and it said "A" not D and as I was walking out he said Dr Foote is no longer employed here...

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    i only saw one get fired, lol, i got him fired in spite of shoving his azz out out of a 2nd story window, or at least shoving him into the window and telling him he was going down!

He gave me a d for the course, which was changed by the dean to an a upon his review. Seems he had a grind on for vietnam vets. When i got my d i gatherered up about 4 of my buds to include the guy that worked with me on the paper that determined out grade...it was a two person research paper, so we have to break down the class into teams...he got an a i got a d, in spite of not being able to discern who did what part.

We headed to his office and met face to face. I asked and he looked up and told me 'i don't give good grades to baby killers'. Simple, i reached across his desk, grabbed him by the stacking swivel (collar for you civy folks) and told him i was gonna shove his friggin a out the window, i got him into the window when my buddies stepped in and said don't kill him.

Then i went to see the dean..what the prof did not know was i being only 1 of 5 vietnam vets on campus was highly regarded by the school and the dean has a son in vietnam. I stopped the deans office regularly to drink coffee with him and had a "open door" anytime. Dean said i will take care of it. Next semester the dean called me in and said problem fixed, slid my grades across and it said "a" not d and as i was walking out he said dr foote is no longer employed here...

winning!!

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I only saw one get fired, LOL, I got him fired in spite of shoving his azz out out of a 2nd story window, or at least shoving him into the window and telling him he was going DOWN!

He gave me a D for the course, which was changed by the Dean to an A upon his review. Seems he had a grind on for Vietnam vets. When I got my D I gatherered up about 4 of my buds to include the guy that worked with me on the paper that determined out grade...it was a two person research paper, so we have to break down the class into teams...he got an A I got a D, in spite of not being able to discern who did what part.

We headed to his office and met face to face. I asked and he looked up and told me 'I don't give good grades to baby killers'. Simple, I reached across his desk, grabbed him by the stacking swivel (collar for you civy folks) and told him I was gonna shove his friggin a out the window, I got him into the window when my buddies stepped in and said don't kill him.

Then I went to see the Dean..What the prof did not know was I being only 1 of 5 Vietnam vets on campus was HIGHLY regarded by the school and the Dean has a son in Vietnam. I stopped the Deans office regularly to drink coffee with him and had a "open door" anytime. Dean said I will take care of it. Next semester the Dean called me in and said problem fixed, slid my grades across and it said "A" not D and as I was walking out he said Dr Foote is no longer employed here...

Sounds a lot like an issue I had with a prof who didn't like engineers... except I was 18, fresh out of high school, and didn't have a term of service to demonstrate my reputation. Didn't get quite the happy ending either. Oh well.

Top Bottom