Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    IMG_7680.jpeg
    IMG_7682.jpeg
    IMG_7134.jpeg
    All’s well that ends well…

I successfully installed the Tandemkross upgrade today and the trigger improved from 4.5lb (pre upgrade) to 3.0lb (post upgrade) per my wheeler gauge. It’s advertised to do better… but 3lb works for me. Maybe it will lighten a bit more once I shoot It more.

the back story…

- I have one part left over from the kit (that’s usually not a good thing)… I used only 3 of the 4 parts that came with the upgrade “blast pack” from Tandemkross. The pack came with new sear, sear spring, hammer and ‘blast shield’ … which is the red part in the pictures below… which also functions as a redesigned magazine disconnect.

- I had forgotten that I bought this MKIV 22/45 tactical gently used… and forgotten the previous owner had removed the mag disconnect and replaced it with the enhanced (oversized) hammer busing (oversized because it takes up the space the mag disconnect was taking).

- so… when it came time to drop in the new hammer today (after putting in new sear and sear spring) it was obvious the oversized hammer bushing would not work with the new hammer and blast shield.

- and, since I don’t want the mag disconnect anyway… I was happy to assemble the pistol without the blast sheild/mag disconnect… and use only the new hammer, sear and sear spring
    Lynx Defense

Reactions: MTA

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    My tactical turned into a nonfunctional nightmare, even 2 trips to ruger didn’t fix it.

I got the cthulhu frame. Works about 75-80% of the time now

20240131_114605.jpg

The trigger is really good. Every bit as good as the volquartsen trigger

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    I need the VQ competition kit and their stronger safety spring. I don't like how mushy the stock safety is. Stock trigger sucks too but my example has been 100% reliable suppressed or not. A red dot and a suppressor on a 22lr are the cheat codes to making kids and adults into new shooters.

Volquartsen trigger kit was a really nice upgrade for my mkiii. Running a suppressor on a 22 is fun for all. Usually every range trip includes the suppressed 22 with at least a 500 round brick of ammo to run through it.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I need the VQ competition kit and their stronger safety spring. I don't like how mushy the stock safety is. Stock trigger sucks too but my example has been 100% reliable suppressed or not. A red dot and a suppressor on a 22lr are the cheat codes to making kids and adults into new shooters.
    Ordered the Volquartsen Competition Kit, stronger safety spring, and gel blocks. Installed it all last night with minimal effort. Wish I would've done it sooner. Very nice trigger and as an added benefit the kit gets rid of the magazine disconnect.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    Ah thanks, didn't know they made them. I'm still working on my MKIII with the pain in the ass takedown still. Haven't handled the MKIV but I'm guessing it naturally has a much looser fit then.

Top Bottom