• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You don't go to these joints to plink at paper. Could do that at any range, maybe in the backyard or even a junkyard.

These places are for kissing CEO or Board of Directors ass. The fees are a drop in the bucket if kissing the right ass gets you investors or business partners.

Same as playing golf, going on African safari, whatever else the deal makers do to network with potential benefactors.

I take it you've been there! :p

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Is this place open? If it is I will swing by and see if I can take some pics inside if they'll let me.

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I take it you've been there! :p
    Lol not me, but it's not uncommon for the bigwigs in the oil industry in Houston and the surrounding burbs to go out on the weekend with their $10-20k O/U shotguns to shoot skeet with other bigwigs. My friend's dad gets invited to some of those and he said some of them would toss their $10k shotguns onto the back of the golf carts and if they fell off while driving around and got all banged up, they didn't really care. To them the social interaction was more important than busting clays, or even their expensive boomsticks.

It was one of those guys that bought my select-fire FNC, I sold it to a dealer for roughly what I paid for it (needed cash and spare parts for the FNC are very difficult to find so I got rid of it). The oil man walked into the shop, saw it hanging on the wall and bought it on the spot. $8,000 is chumpchange to them, that's impulse buy money for them. Like how you or I would have a sudden craving and buy a slurpee or pack of gum. They buy expensive cars, boats, MGs, double rifles, and engraved European shotguns instead.

So $7,500 initiation + $2400 a year is next to nothing for them, and they will meet and associate with other people with the same kind of money/influence at their disposal: CEOs, entrepreneurs, heirs of family owned businesses, etc...

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah we saw that when they were building it. It is definitely aimed at the business/ceo/status crowd like said earlier. It is a lifestyle thing. Because when we are pulling the kind of money to afford a place like that, we won't be in the metro-mess. We'll have our own land and custom built house on it. Not to mention our own range too. So, it isn't just about money, it's about what you want to do with it.

There are a lot of brilliant brains in business and they make big big money. Then they do what we'd consider stupid stufff with it because they can. They have so much it doesn't seem weird. I can't wait to get to that tax bracket Lol

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Have friend belongs to Bay Area Shooting Club. Really nice place but certainly not upscale. The membership is reasonable (according to friend), and because of that I believe their waiting list is at about 2 years.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    ND by an employee, excellent opening.

Employee should fired and the club should be closed while they go through firearms handling training for the week.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    He didn't get charged with a ND?

Charged? By whom and for what.

And for those pounding their superior chests to fire the guy; ever run a business? Know anything about the liability of workplace injuries? Are YOU willing to put your money where your mouth is and quit your job if you have a fraction of a second lack of awareness and injure YOURSELF?

Can we hold off on the self-rightnousness maybe until at least the guy heals?

I noted in one article that the range wws going to hold additional safety training for everyone. That is prudent.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Obama will think that it is not fair that the rich have such a nice range. Perhaps he will allow EBT cards to be used there....

Seriously, the amount of money in the Dallas Metroplex is staggering. I went to a Starbucks and there were 4 Ferrari's 2 Lamborghini's and a Maserati that could not find a parking spot. All driven by the "beautiful people". A blonde smoked the clutch on a Ferrari backing it out.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom