Target Sports

US House passes budget bill: GOP leadership lied to conservatives.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    [QUOTEIf the GOP pushes people like me, evangelical conservatives out...I don't think they can grab enough moderates to help Bush/Christie/Romeny win.
    ][/QUOTE]

My thought as well, the GOP does not want conservatives and IMO especially southern conservatives.

One issue that would help is term limits the founding fathers never intended for a professional politician to remain in power for a life time, needs to stop. They embed themselves in DC any they use the same though process, protect your job. Overall the GOP leaders are a joke, the far left has become so radical not sure what agenda they will follow in the future.
    ARJ Defense ad

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The left's agenda is always the same.

Cause confusion, hatred, dependence and division. It's a tactic that creates a micro vacuum so they can take just a little more control.

The right (e.g. Boehner) does the same, just with a different constituency and different issues.

It's all about control.

Cvhjr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    Nice report in an article today from "Cheaper than Dirt" - says the budget had earmarked $1.2B for the DOJ "protection from gun violence" - smart guns - etc. feel more than betrayed. Got a call yesterday from the GOP - and I let them have it - plus I have called and e- mailed my Congressman
    - demanding an explanation for his vote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Sadly one of the only people to oppose this Omnibus bill was Warren. She rightfully was flipping out about them stripping out one of the few good parts of the Dodd-Frank Act. We are now back on the hook for reckless investors and their addiction to derivatives. This was nearly as bad as the BS with Ocare of Pelosi saying "we have to pass the bill to see whats in it". There was no way anyone had any time to actually read the bill in the day and a half they had to pass it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Sadly one of the only people to oppose this Omnibus bill was Warren. She rightfully was flipping out about them stripping out one of the few good parts of the Dodd-Frank Act. We are now back on the hook for reckless investors and their addiction to derivatives
    When I first heard about that, I was rather concerned as well, but after reading a bit more it doesn't bother me as much. FDIC only insures deposits, so if a bank makes really bad investments and loses you savings account, then you still get your money back. It's not a direct bail out for the bank. What it does do is allow them to make hedge investments that could be risky, and it encourages risky behavior in general. The whole system is so screwed up it's hard to be upset with just this one piece. Sorta like the bailout for Blue Shield in the cromnibus... Is it really a bail out, or "fixing" their hosing they took with the ACA, but the ACA only hosed them because they had already gotten corporate welfare before. wtf?

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    When I first heard about that, I was rather concerned as well, but after reading a bit more it doesn't bother me as much. FDIC only insures deposits, so if a bank makes really bad investments and loses you savings account, then you still get your money back. It's not a direct bail out for the bank. What it does do is allow them to make hedge investments that could be risky, and it encourages risky behavior in general. The whole system is so screwed up it's hard to be upset with just this one piece. Sorta like the bailout for Blue Shield in the cromnibus... Is it really a bail out, or "fixing" their hosing they took with the ACA, but the ACA only hosed them because they had already gotten corporate welfare before. wtf?

Speaking of that provision of the bill I happened upon this article Jamie Dimon Helps Win Dodd-Frank Fight for Wall Street - Businessweek Turns out it was everyone's pal over there at Chase that helped get that part thrown in, what a surprise /sarcasm

Top Bottom