Target Sports

US: Less violent crime than England... or France!? Woah.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those stats are just more ammo (pun intended) against the gun-grabbing f**kwads that keep trying to violate our Second Amendment rights.

It has a higher homicide rate than most of our western European neighbours, including France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

But how can that be? They got rid of ALL the guns so the violence and homicides should have gone down. Yeah, right. Just more proof that disarming law-abiding citizens only makes them victims.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I saw these stats a while back and they are impressive. Please remember that the US still has MORE crime than these nations but we also have 300 million people.

These statistics take 100,000 people in each country and examine how many crimes that 100k people will be exposed to. Because the nations vary a lot in size and population, It's the only way statistics can be compared apples/apples and oranges/oranges. The UK has far more crime for each 100k population group than the United States. They label those statistics "per capita".

I guess I gotta say it:

HEY BRITS.....HOW'S THAT GUN CONTROL WORKIN' FOR YA?

Flash

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    The lefties never let a fact get in the way of their agenda. Crime rates are actually down in the US over the last 20 years in most places... Of course the media will never let the general public in on that.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    What?

You mean nations that have disarmed their citizens are still experiencing crime? But - how can that be?
    Guns cause crime, and they have no guns left? ...herp - derp...

[/BITING sarcasm]

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Oh sorry....I guess I got so caught up in reading that article that I forgot that this forum is where I originally ran across it...when I started a nearly identical post...feel free to delete it.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    You mean nations that have disarmed their citizens are still experiencing crime? But - how can that be?
    Guns cause crime, and they have no guns left? ...herp - derp...

[/BITING sarcasm]

You are missing the point. It will take 50 years or more before all the remaining guns that were hidden get destroyed, corroded, accidentally dropped in the trash. This is progressive legislation that will make their country crime free in another 50 years.

And before anybody jumps in much of this crime now happens without firearms directly involved, let me just correct you on that. Firearms are a plague that destroys the fabric of mankind's soul. The mere existence of a firearm hidden away in some guys attic contaminates the mindset of those in the house, on the same street, in the same neighborhood, and sometimes as much as within the same city. It's all been proven by mainstream educators in their universities and covered by their mainstream media.

Our evil gun culture here in the US blinds us to the realities of the peaceful utopia they will see in 50 years.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I think you guys are missing the point, too.

It is far easier to point to a "thing" that has no conscience, decision making ability or rational thought and blame all of the nation's crime on that thing. It is far more complex to deal with the Human behavior that causes the crime and these horrible tragedies where firearms are used.

How should we deal with these crimes?

If a shooter guns down innocent victims, he should disappear. Don't give him the notoriety that he craves. No photographs shown, no courtroom reporting, no interviews of or about him. Do not make him a super star in the media. No smirking face mug shots to appear on the news.

If a person is acting up, we need to allow LEO's to act on that. My neighbor has gone off his rocker for the third time since he has lived here. There's not much the LEO's can do unless he kills someone. He was involuntarily committed and he is out on the street again after 10 days. That's just ignorant!

The judicial system MUST be responsive to the will of the people. When a guy kills, he spends the next 10-20 years as a guest of the state, he gives interviews, has Liberals crying for him while they picket the prison because he has changed and become a good citizen. We turn the the guy into a folk hero! He needs a fair trial, with the sentence to be carried out this month. That is what our society wants. Adios asxhole!

Crimes using firearms need the death penalty if anyone is harmed. The sentence should be automatic and carried out within a month.

Implementing these changes would be difficult and involve WORK on the part of our do nothing lawmakers. It's a lot easier to simply ban the gun.

Lock up the gun and let the offender go...........it seems to work for them!

Flash

Dragwn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Plano
    I keep a pic on my phone that a friend who is an officer in London sent me. Large pool of blood on the ground next to a victim covered in a sheet. Poor guy was stabbed to death for 20 pound sterling in cash, nothing else.

Top Bottom