• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Green Berets live their lives fighting against oppression around the world. I doubt they'd be on board with it here.

I trust them about 1000% more than LEOs.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Green Berets live their lives fighting against oppression around the world. I doubt they'd be on board with it here.

I trust them about 1000% more than LEOs.
    Interesting point.

That is the motto of the Green Berets (liberators of the oppressed) but they dont choose where to go. After our expedition in Iraq and Syria I dont know if they know who they are fighting, fighting for (aside from each other) or equipping to fight.

Interesting point about the cops.

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Interesting point.

That is the motto of the Green Berets (liberators of the oppressed) but they dont choose where to go. After our expedition in Iraq and Syria I dont know if they know who they are fighting, fighting for (aside from each other) or equipping to fight.

Interesting point about the cops.
    matters not if you understand the importance of the oath you took. Foreign and domestic. No matter who they are. Or who gives the orders.
    Unlawful orders given to attack your own country men makes you a enemy in my book.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yes. Yes there were. People like me weren't being labeled as the enemy then either.

My best advice? Get to know some of them before "considering the possibilities". I know 2 former CAG guys who I've taken multiple classes with, and at least 1 former SF guy, and have met and talked with several other SF/SMU types. These are just guys that are some of the highest quality people, that just want to do their jobs and protect America, just want to faceshoot the mostly foreign-based enemy, and definitely don't want to be going to war within their own country if it can be avoided. They're generally some of the most patriotic types of people around. This is pretty much diametrically opposed to the type of mentality and character necessary for a person to do the diabolical things that some people worry about, which is why they should stop worrying so much. Personally, I think it's a bit of an issue of worrying about the boogeyman.

If some high speed units need to make their training as realistic as possible, to ensure the best possible opportunity of completing important missions like hostage rescue, or worse, a domestic terrorist attack of a serious nature (dirty bomb, biological, etc.), more power to them, and I think the government should give them every resource available.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My best advice? Get to know some of them before "considering the possibilities". I know 2 former CAG guys who I've taken multiple classes with, and at least 1 former SF guy, and have met and talked with several other SF/SMU types. These are just guys that are some of the highest quality people, that just want to do their jobs and protect America, just want to faceshoot the mostly foreign-based enemy, and definitely don't want to be going to war within their own country if it can be avoided. They're generally some of the most patriotic types of people around. This is pretty much diametrically opposed to the type of mentality and character necessary for a person to do the diabolical things that some people worry about, which is why they should stop worrying so much. Personally, I think it's a bit of an issue of worrying about the boogeyman.

If some high speed units need to make their training as realistic as possible, to ensure the best possible opportunity of completing important missions like hostage rescue, or worse, a domestic terrorist attack of a serious nature (dirty bomb, biological, etc.), more power to them, and I think the government should give them every resource available.

I'm not worrying about a thing and I have been on machine gun ranges with SF guys helping instruct. Did not know them personally but I have worked with them. I know most of them sacrifice in incredible ways.

Having a discussion about US military training in our cities and how that training and their service could be misused, is not a search for a boogeyman. It is a recognition of a concern of our military being used against a targeted civilian population.

In modern history, governments have killed more of their own people than enemy armies.

I am concerned and informed. Having the calm and reasonable discussion is worthwhile and appropriate.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409

+1, but I reserve the right to say instead of "the government should give them every resource available," that a grateful people should have that power.

Never give Government the power to do what you would do. If you get it wrong, you go to prison, If the Government gets it wrong there is no hell to pay.

Top Bottom