• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I did this for 2 of my 4 years. This is not something new, we had to do this for the Bush inauguration. We also did this for any event on White House grounds. I was at 8th and I from 04-06. It is not just the Marines that do this, it is all branches. Secret Service comes around and inspects to make sure we have done this. We all know the drill. In fact, we knew alot of the SS guys because they told us to apply to them after we got out and alot of the uniformed division is prior service. This 'news' is no big deal and is nothing new.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Before this devolves into yet another Obama-is-Hitler conspiracy fest, was there a reason given for this and was the order tied in with the White House administration? Just want to confirm so that my disgust with such an action isn't misplaced.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I did this for 2 of my 4 years. This is not something new, we had to do this for the Bush inauguration. We also did this for any event on White House grounds. I was at 8th and I from 04-06. It is not just the Marines that do this, it is all branches. Secret Service comes around and inspects to make sure we have done this. We all know the drill. In fact, we knew alot of the SS guys because they told us to apply to them after we got out and alot of the uniformed division is prior service. This 'news' is no big deal and is nothing new.

Thank you, that's the information I was specifically wondering about. I feel too many in our community seem to forget all the legitimately alarming Presidential actions and their subtle/hidden meetings in favor of sensationalistic speculation and conspiracies. It's like the obverse side of the libs trying so hard at gun grabbing.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    sensationalistic speculation and conspiracies seem to be in an overabundant supply these days...I wish ammo was too. Finding .308 for my Hubby's Remington is like finding one of Willy Wonka's Golden Tickets

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Last I had heard the only people allowed to have an functioning firearm unloaded or not within shooting distance of the president is the secret service.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    My sisters ex bf from high school and I have chatted a lot (both Marines), he did the majority of his time in DC at 8th and I back before 9/11, as BigBoss0311 stated this is nothing new.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Nobody but the Secret Service usually gets to carry a weapon around the POTUS from what I have read and heard from friends in Federal LEO. Met a couple FBI agents in Iraq who said that even FBI agents usually don't get to be armed.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    still winning

CAM00698.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Probably done as a precaution after the 1981 assassination of Sadat in Egypt by his troops in a military parade. They had ammunition seizure rules in place, however the assailants were able to get grenades and loaded AK's which they used on him.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    We went to my cousins commencement from the Air Force academy.
    Bush gave the speech. The blue angels were the entertainment. They had to wait in a holding Pattern till W was out of their show radius to do the air show.

I may be wrong, but they had what i thought was armed military in the stands working security as well as the SS. But they were well outside of 100 yards from the podium with only handguns. I'm assuming the snipers on the press box were secret service.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Think "bolt action rifle". Taking the bolt out renders the gun inoperable.

Useless as a firearm, but still damn useful as a bludgeon. 8 pounds of wood and steel or even aluminum and polycarbonate, moving at about 60 miles an hour, is -gonna- hurt like hell no matter where it hits you, especially if all that force is concentrated on a small area.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    This all began after the whacking of the Egyptian President Anwar Sadat in a military parade in October 1981.

Afterwards, most U.S. military units had to remove the bolts from their rifles anytime a VIP reviewed the troops.

I can recall that we did a parade for a United States Senator who was later removed from office for corruption. That was in July 1982.

Top Bottom