• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I have the opportunity to attend a USPSA competition this weekend in Austin at Austin Rifle Club. Its a local competition and not a major tier event.

However, Life (TM) has been a bit rough over time, such that the back and knees make a lot of things difficult or impossible-crawling, jumping up/down, anything more than a shuffle, etc., and I ma no spring chicken.

While I compete moderately in IDPA and have been to Tier 4 matches in that(Amble and Shoot vs. Run and Gun) should I be concerned? My capabilities are purely hack level, but I am suddenly concerned that I'm going to show up to a track and field/obstacle course event, where I might not only hut my feelings, but physically hurt myself. Is this a valid fear.

I have been to a few very small club matches at an indoor range in Houston that does both IDPA and USPSA and enjoyed it, but that was inside and not conducive to athletics. I am not concerned about doing poorly, I'm just concerned about embarrassing myself and physically hurting myself.
    Hurley's Gold

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Don't worry...you are allowed to move exactly as fast as you want to move (and no faster)!

The days of physical challenges beyond an occasional port and perhaps a wall requiring a bit of a lean-around are long gone.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    If you've shot IDPA attending a USPSA match should not be an issue.

As far as physical challenges it all depends on the club. Most club matches I have attended purposely design for folks not in the best condition, some don't. If you find an array that requires you to kneel, try to make that your last shooting position so your not on the clock when getting back up.

Breaking the habit of mag retention and reloading behind cover will be the biggest challenge. Of course your allowed to shoot it that way but doing so may add seconds to your time and hurt your score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    I've only seen a few barricades that require some agility, but outside of that, most local matches are pretty tame.

Top Bottom