• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    El Paso
    I'm probably out of the loop on this one--but what ever happened to that Bill before the State Legislature regarding being able to carry concealed on UT campuses? Can you also keep a weapon concealed in your vehicle on campus without stepping into illegality?
    Texas SOT

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I'm probably out of the loop on this one--but what ever happened to that Bill before the State Legislature regarding being able to carry concealed on UT campuses? Can you also keep a weapon concealed in your vehicle on campus without stepping into illegality?

There was a bill which would have allowed CHL carry inside University buildings. It came close but failed.

You may legally carry on campus or inside your vehicle. You may not legally carry inside any of the buildings or property where a school sponsored event is taking place. You may legally leave your weapon inside your vehicle, on campus, when you go to class. University policy may forbid this but the worst they can do is expel you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    El Paso
    the worst they can do is expel you.

HA! Is that all?! LOL, I was reading thru a concealed handgun pamphlet titled 'Texas Concealed Handgun Laws and selected statues' (probably the same document that's just amended from time-time/year-year) and it's specific on what constitutes a felony/misdemeanor and what is ILLEGAL, not so much on what is legal/allowed.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    HA! Is that all?! LOL, I was reading thru a concealed handgun pamphlet titled 'Texas Concealed Handgun Laws and selected statues' (probably the same document that's just amended from time-time/year-year) and it's specific on what constitutes a felony/misdemeanor and what is ILLEGAL, not so much on what is legal/allowed.

If it lists what is illegal, wouldn't it also make sense that everything not listed is legal?

When I went to the library and knew I would be staying late, I would just leave my gun locked in the glove compartment of my car.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Not illegal = legal.

effnoldguy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    North Central Texas
    You have to understand that Texas legislature only meets for 140 days every other year. They usually have over 6000 bills to consider during that session. Unless there is a business or special interest group behind some bill, it doesn't get much "air time" in the capital. Money talks

Top Bottom