Join TexasGunTalk

Utah to Austin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Utah, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Utah

Utah Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Hello everyone!

I've recently taken a new job in Austin (computer field) and am living in an apartment in the Arboretum area (north Austin). The people in Texas are great, though some in this particular neck of the woods can be a bit wacky (I'm a conservative sort of guy). I am an NRA Instructor for Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, and am a Range Officer and an instructor for the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit (CFP). I doubt I'll be doing any Utah CFP classes down here, since the CHL and the CFP are recognized in pretty much all the same states. Haven't decided if I'll become a CHL instructor -- still mulling it over.

I'm mostly a GLOCK guy (have been a GLOCK armorer for six or seven years), though I have a variety of other sidearms, along with several rifles -- black and otherwise. I'm pleased to see so many of y'all being fans of the official State Gun of Utah -- the 1911. I'm most likely to be found with either a GLOCK 23 or a Ruger LC9 these days.

Back in 2000-2001, I lived in Houston for a little over a year. I found then that I make a good Texan, so it's good to be back here. Even though my handle is "Utah", my wife and I have also lived in Florida, Massachusetts, Colorado, Washington state, and California. I was working in San Francisco when we were in California -- never again, never again, never again.

My avatar is actually from my ancestry. He looks to me to be a reliable character from the Old West.

Seems I'm in need of a small gun safe. Something that could hold a few rifles and a smattering of other bits and pieces. Something I could manhandle into place by myself (so, couple of hundred pounds or less). Any suggestions?

2. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    welcome

3. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    hiddy ho

4. itchin

itchin TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Welcome. Glocks are great.

5. Skip

Skip TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Welcome to TGT

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

6. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Howdy.

7. AngeliaH

AngeliaH Life's Peachy TGT Supporter

Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    Not another Glock guy.....:p

Welcome from Dallas.

8. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The descriptor "Conservative" sold me! Welcome!

Flash

9. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Welcome to TGT.

Check your local Walmart or Academy for safes. There is also Cabela's south of you in Buda and Gander Mountain East of you in Round Rock among other places to safe shop.

10. Chupacabra Hunter

Chupacabra Hunter TGT Addict

Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Greetings from the Texas gulf coast.....btw... im a glock man myself..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4