• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    alright sorry AK purist, Im wanting a quad rail for my AK sp i can add a light for pig hunting, and i have larger hands so I think I may like the larger grip more. Any of yall have experience with these? Any other yall would puch me towards(not looking to spend alot right now). Dont want anything to awefull heavy but im 6'7 300 so i dont think they weights going to be too much of a factor(i bowfish 12 hrs at a time holding a 7 pound bow)...let me know what yall think. Thanks Mike

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I haven't tried their AK products, but of the other stuff I have tried, they make a decent product. As I am sure you know, they are not top end, but it gets the job done.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    UTG makes a lot of airsoft crap... make sure you buy one that is for a firearm and not airsoft

I would look at the Midwest industries rail

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I personally am tired of airsoft BS, every thing i click on lately send me to airsoft crap............

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    +1 for the Midwest Industries rail. I've got a couple of them and couldn't recommend them enough.

4836a142-b0cb-6b47.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I have one and it is fine. Solid fit, but remember any metal rail right there will get hot during rapid fire. Might as well get a grip-pod if you are getting a rail.

randy_rcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    I have a utg quad rail and I like it, just be sure to use loctite on the screws and get different rail covers. The rail covers supplied with the utg come off way to easily once they warm up.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    It's changed a bit since I took that photo, here it is with a bunch of junk on it:

P1010352-1.gif

The Magpul AFG sure does make the rifle easy to handle (both ergonomics and barrel heat) and the Bulgarian 4 piece suppressor takes practically all the muzzle flash away. The MI rail is much lighter than the UTG and doesn't put any stress on the gas tube like the UTG. The purists hate this rifle, but its a hell of a neat carbine.

tequila45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    aurora, il
    It's changed a bit since I took that photo, here it is with a bunch of junk on it:

P1010352-1.gif

The Magpul AFG sure does make the rifle easy to handle (both ergonomics and barrel heat) and the Bulgarian 4 piece suppressor takes practically all the muzzle flash away. The MI rail is much lighter than the UTG and doesn't put any stress on the gas tube like the UTG. The purists hate this rifle, but its a hell of a neat carbine.
    I like your set up! is the AFG more comfortable than a regular grip?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Just had this discussion on an m14 forum and got flamed really hard for my response but I'm gonna tell you the same thing, I have a few of their products i.e ar rails, flashlights, grips, and one scope and they have yet to let me down. My only complaint is the finish sucks because it's just paint but it's nothing that cant be dealt with. You just have to see what works for you.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    i've got their Ak rail on my MAK-90 and really like it. it's rock solid. Remember though that if you want to run a forward grip you will either have to run it as far foward as possible on the rail or use a stubby grip in order to get magazines out and in. Shorter 20 round mags make it easier but not fluid.

They also make offset forward grips for AKs because of this reason. I run 20 round mags and still plan to get a stubby grip.

301955_2551260986960_1416956060_32956465_1950006274_n.jpg

Top Bottom