• ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    have YOU used it?

Just got it today. Wait and see but the author has a good rep and I've used a couple of his aps in the past.

I did run the app and then ran Windows update and the Win 10 update thing has not appeared. I have another computer that has the Win 10 nag on it and I'll try it there later.

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I ran the app on a computer that had the Win 10 nag (Win 10 tray icon) and after running it and restarting, the nag was gone. If desired the app can be run again to reverse what it has done if desired.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    The last Windows OS I used was XP. After that I switched to Linux and never looked back.

linux_and_windows.jpg

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Why not just not download the nag in the first place. It is easy to ID by the # and date.

MS tries over and over to load the Win 10 thingy when the computer does updates. Sure, you can cancel automatic updates and do them manually and check each time to be sure the Win 10 update thing is not being installed. Why not run the app once and never have to mess with it again and leave the update process automated?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    MS tries over and over to load the Win 10 thingy when the computer does updates. Sure, you can cancel automatic updates and do them manually and check each time to be sure the Win 10 update thing is not being installed.

To each his own. I control what updates I take and those I reject. The nag only got thru once, and that was before I knew better.

Top Bottom