• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    oh good God, I know I'm wishing my life way, but I can't wait for 2012 and that a-hole sent packing.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    well its no surprise here!! but i do have a new nickname for him. "President of the United Vacations"!! F-CK, THATS ALL THIS JACKA$$ DOES IS VACATION!! EVERYWHERE!! i mean didnt they just get back from swimming in Florida and his wife from some swanky posh Hotel in Europe?? the American People are HURTING and this CLOWN COULD CARE LESS!!! sh-t he just got done saying how bad the economy/jobs are doing, and instead of trying to stay and fix it he goes on ANOTHER VACATION!!! WE NEED TO THROW THIS JACKA$$ OUT ON HIS HEAD IN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

I wonder how many heads on this board are going to EXPLODE in 2012 when he gets four more years because the Republican party is divided and weak.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I wonder how many heads on this board are going to EXPLODE in 2012 when he gets four more years because the Republican party is divided and weak.

Ig the Libetarians woudl do the SMART thing and join WITH the Republicans instead of splitting the vote then there would be NO chance of that happening...

I personally don't know if he will make it that far without being empeached...

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    You think it's the Libertarians? I say it's the Tea Baggers. Libertarians can lean left OR right. Why would they content themselves to voting for big-government Washington fat cats?

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    You think it's the Libertarians? I say it's the Tea Baggers. Libertarians can lean left OR right. Why would they content themselves to voting for big-government Washington fat cats?

I was wondering the same thing...why WOULD they voite for or with Democrats?

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    GOP and Dems are both big-government Washington fat cats.

Truer words were never spoken. None of them are worth shooting.

All we can hope for at this point is s swing in the House and Senate numbers back to the Republican side in 2010 so that we have the old deadlock / stalemate style of government back in place. At least they aren't doing anything to harm us when they aren't doing anything.

Anybody that actually thinks this is ever going to improve is looking at the world through the rose colored glasses of a 12 year old girl.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

I have to agree with Clockwork on this one. The Republicans have nothing to offer except, "Those guys suck." To pull off a real win, you have to have a positive agenda.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Just to keep things even, I was able to do some research and here is what the previous tenant did:

President Bush Recess Appointments:

A. Paul Anderson to be a Federal Maritime Commissioner August 22, 2003. [1]
    Michael J. Bartlett to be a Member of the National Labor Relations Board January 22, 2002. [2]
    Warren Bell to the board of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting in December 2006. [3]
    Andrew G. Biggs was named to be Deputy Director of the Social Security Administration April 4, 2007.
    John R. Bolton as U.N. Ambassador in August 2005, after having been blocked by the Senate. Bolton was Bush's 106th recess appointment. (FSRN 1 Aug '05)
    William B. Cowen to be a Member of the National Labor Relations Board January 22, 2002. [4]
    Susan E. Dudley to be Director of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) in the U.S. Office of Management and Budget on April 4, 2007.
    Eric S. Edelman as undersecretary of defense for policy to replace Douglas Feith in the No. 3 position in the Pentagon. "Democrats on the Senate Armed Services Committee led by Carl Levin of Michigan, their ranking member, stalled Edelman's nomination to force the release of documents related to a specialized intelligence unit Feith set up before the conflict." [5]
    Gordon R. England to be Deputy Secretary of Defense, January 4, 2006. [6]
    Alice S. Fisher to head the Criminal Division in the Department of Justice, after the "nomination stalled over tactics at the Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, naval facility." [7]
    David W. Fleming to be a Member of the Board of Trustees of the James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation (Public) August 22, 2003. [8]
    Peter Flory as an Assistant Secretary of Defense, after having been blocked by the Senate. [9]
    Sam Fox was named Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenifotentiary of the United States of America to Belgium on April 4, 2007.
    Cynthia A. Glassman to be a Member of the Commission of the Securities and Exchange Commission January 22, 2002. [10]
    C. Boyden Gray to be the Representative of the United States of America to the European Union, with the Rank and Status of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary January 17, 2006.
    Jay Phillip Greene to be a Member of the Board of Trustees of the James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation (Academic) August 22, 2003. [11]
    Floyd Hall to be a Member of the AMTRAK Reform Board, January 4, 2006. This is the second time that Hall was appointed in a recess appointment. [12]
    Tracy A. Henke to be Executive Director of the Office of State and Local Government Coordination and Preparedness at the Department of Homeland Security. [13]
    Isacc C. Hunt, Jr. [14] to be a Member of the Commission of the Securities and Exchange Commission January 22, 2002. [15]
    JoAnn Johnson to be a Member of the Board of the National Credit Union Administration January 22, 2002. [16]
    Peter N. Kirsanow to be a Member of the National Labor Relations Board, January 4, 2006. [17]
    Charlotte A. Lane to be a Member of the United States International Trade Commission August 22, 2003. She was nominated on June 7, 2002 and again on January 9, 2003. [18]
    Robert D. Lenhard to be a Member of the Federal Election Commission, January 4, 2006. [19]
    Deborah Matz to be a Member of the Board of the National Credit Union Administration January 22, 2002.
    Ronald E. Meisburg to be General Counsel to the National Labor Relations Board, January 4, 2006. [20]
    Steven Kent Mullins to be United States Attorney for the District of South Dakota, vice James E. McMahon, January 9, 2006. [21]
    Julie L. Myers to be Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security (Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement), January 4, 2006. [22]
    Daniel Pearson to be a Member of the United States International Trade Commission August 22, 2003. He was nominated on November 14, 2002 and again on January 9, 2003. [23]
    John Richard Petrocik to be a Member of the Board of Trustees of the James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation (Academic) August 22, 2003. [24]
    Charles W. Pickering, Sr. to Federal Appeals Court January 17, 2004, from which he had been blocked twice by the Senate. [25][26]
    Daniel Pipes to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the United States Institute of Peace August 22, 2003. [27]
    Benjamin A. Powell to be General Counsel of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, January 4, 2006. [28]
    Anthony J. Principi as chairman of the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission, as well as eight members of the Commission, April 1, 2005.
    William H. Pryor, Jr. to 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals February 20, 2004, "in the face of a Democratic filibuster of the nomination." [29][30]
    Otto Juan Reich to Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs January 11, 2002. [31]
    Ellen R. Sauerbrey to be Assistant Secretary of State (Population, Refugees, and Migration), January 4, 2006. [32]
    Eugene Scalia to Solicitor of Labor in the U.S. Department of Labor January 11, 2002.
    Peter C. Schaumber to be a Member of the National Labor Relations Board, for the remainder of a five-year term expiring on August 27, 2010. [33]
    Dorrance Smith to be Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, January 4, 2006. [34]
    Enrique J. Sosa to be a Member of the AMTRAK Reform Board, January 4, 2006. This is the second time that Sosa was appointed in a recess appointment. [35]
    Michael E. Toner to be a Member of the Federal Election Commission March 29, 2002, for the remainder of a term expiring April 30, 2007; first announced November 21, 2001, and nomination sent to Senate March 4, 2002. [36]
    Juanita Alicia Vasquez-Gardner to be a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation. She was nominated on July 24, 2002 and again on January 9, 2003. [37]
    Hans von Spakovsky to be a Member of the Federal Election Commission, January 4, 2006. [38]
    Dennis P. Walsh to be a Member of the National Labor Relations Board, January 17, 2006.
    Steven T. Walther to be a Member of the Federal Election Commission, January 4, 2006. [39]
    John Paul Woodley, Jr. to be an Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works) August 22, 2003. [40]

As for the vacation statements. Obama is still behind in vacation time used compared to what W used in the same time in office.

I personally feel that our government should have a three-way split (Dems-Pubs-Indies). All parties equal and actually have to work together in order to get anything completed. :)

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Just to keep things even,
    but to put your info into perspective, Bushes appointments were actually United States loving citizens where as O-JACKA$$E$ appointments are Country Hating LIBTERD HACKS WHO COULD GIVE ONE SH-T ABOUT THE TAXPAYERS!!!!!

As for the vacation statements. Obama is still behind in vacation time used compared to what W used in the same time in office.
    and as for our "Vacationer in Chief", ill bet he and the WOOKIE have spent more $$ on vacations in his "ONLY" 20 mo's than Bush spent in 8 yrs!!!!!!! do that research there lil buddy. and im glad to meet ya here Vance, its always good to see another O-JACKA$$ apologist/excuse/blame BUSH/what did Bush do maker!! OH and newsflash!! Bush isnt president anymore!!:patriot: and where were you when everyone attacked Bush?? were you blaming the guy before him??

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    but to put your info into perspective, Bushes appointments were actually United States loving citizens where as O-JACKA$$E$ appointments are Country Hating LIBTERD HACKS WHO COULD GIVE ONE SH-T ABOUT THE TAXPAYERS!!!!!

That is only your opinion, and I'm sure that if you were to meet any of them, yeah I know slim chance, they might argue that point. :)

[qoute]and as for our "Vacationer in Chief", ill bet he and the WOOKIE have spent more $$ on vacations in his "ONLY" 20 mo's than Bush spent in 8 yrs!!!!!!! do that research there lil buddy. and im glad to meet ya here Vance, its always good to see another O-JACKA$$ apologist/excuse/blame BUSH/what did Bush do maker!! OH and newsflash!! Bush isnt president anymore!!:patriot: and where were you when everyone attacked Bush?? were you blaming the guy before him??[/QUOTE]

I wasn't around here at that time. :)

But I showed up as soon as I could as the folks here seem to be alright people, even if our political beliefs may be a different, but then it would suck if we were of all the same belief, as then we'd be calling ourselves China. :)

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Just to keep things even, I was able to do some research..........

Except for a few little "asterisks" there.

When Bush finally was declared winner in Florida, sometime in December 2000, he was late getting his Cabinet together. By the time the nominations were put before the Senate, democrats were chomping at the bit. They hated John Ashcroft, an open Pro-2nd Amendment and religious guy. I can still see Ted Kennedy SCREAMING at the top of his voice slamming Ashcroft, his veins popping out and about to have a stroke.

John Bolton was another Pro-Gun guy they hated. They were bound and determined that he was NOT going to be Ambassador, even though he had all the credentials. To see and hear him today on FOCS News, he is an intelligent guy with much world knowledge. But, to democrats, not no but HELL NO!!!!!!

Point is, democrats will fight to the death to prevent an appointee if they don't like them. They didn't have the numbers on Ashcroft, ditto with Alito and Roberts.

But when democrats nominate obvious pukes like Sotomayer and Keagel, Repugs will piss and moan a little bit, then "let's move on".

Top Bottom