• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I have a Food Saver and it's okay but when it dies I'm going for something like this

Attachments

• 81-hLDmJ1KL._SL1500_.jpg
      81-hLDmJ1KL._SL1500_.jpg
      40.5 KB · Views: 306

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have had a Food Saver for 7 or 8 years. It still works ok, but for more serious work, like freezing venison, or a side of beef, I recommend one of these Weston Vacuum sealers. They use the same bags the FS uses, but can also handle bags up to 15 inches wide. I bought one last year. It has some serious suction compared to the FS. Faster, more powerful, and robust. Also pricey, but feels like quality compared to the Food saver.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GP6052/ref=twister_B001V5JAK4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    I have had a Food Saver for 7 or 8 years. It still works ok, but for more serious work, like freezing venison, or a side of beef, I recommend one of these Weston Vacuum sealers. They use the same bags the FS uses, but can also handle bags up to 15 inches wide. I bought one last year. It has some serious suction compared to the FS. Faster, more powerful, and robust. Also pricey, but feels like quality compared to the Food saver.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GP6052/ref=twister_B001V5JAK4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.

I looked at those today they are high but I think that's what I am buying between gardening and fishing and hunting its about time. I had a cheap one years ago and it would pull water out and never seal. they have come a long way

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    The wife found a Weston in the bargain cave at Cabelas.
    Don;t recall the price, but it was about 1/2 price.
    Have used the begeezus out of it.

Buy bags in bulk from Amazon.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Yes, highly recommend Food Saver brand. You can also get a jar attachment that will let you vacuum seal jar lids--side note, it's hilarious to jam a bunch of peeps into a big jar and then vacuum seal it.

Also in addition to vacuum sealing food, you can do it with boxes of ammo if you are going to keep them stored in an area that may potentially have water/moisture.

Costco has the bags on sale from time to time as well.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Yes, highly recommend Food Saver brand. You can also get a jar attachment that will let you vacuum seal jar lids--side note, it's hilarious to jam a bunch of peeps into a big jar and then vacuum seal it.

Also in addition to vacuum sealing food, you can do it with boxes of ammo if you are going to keep them stored in an area that may potentially have water/moisture.

IMO, a waste of time and money (unless you're storing them underwater for many, many years). Ammo is already sealed during manufacture (crimp, etc.). Copper, lead, and brass is waterproof, proper crimp seals the package. I've shot ammo that has been in a magazine in a pistol that was 40 yrs. old during which time I lived in N. Texas, Central Texas, and Houston (gasp). Ammo is a lot more resilient that people give it credit for. Just my two bits.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia

I've seen those. It would be nice to hear everyones uses for vacuum bagger im sure there are some I havnt heard

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I've used the "Food Saver" for years. Not for food, but for ammo.

The vacuum seal is rock solid, and the ammo rests in peace not being attacked by humidity or oxidation.

Even the best manufactured ammo is not immune to moisture penetration.

Moisture may not make its way into the primer and powder, but it will surely cause corrosion of the case and projectile.

I prefer to put my ammo into vacuum bags and store it at room temperature for long-term storage.

Be well.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I've seen those. It would be nice to hear everyones uses for vacuum bagger im sure there are some I havnt heard

1. Left over pizza
    2. Flour tortillas
    3. Left over Bush's chicken tenders.
    4. Meyer's sausage left overs.
    5. I individually re-seal those HEB thick and tasty burgers. Keeps the frost off.
    6. Sealed up about 24 bars of bath soap I found in bulk on Amazon
    7. Tea Bags
    8. Bags of flour
    9. Brown Sugar
    10. EE savings bonds
    11. A WWII pistol my Dad brought back
    12. Grandpa's Model 1892 Winchester
    13. I vacuum seal all my ammo in the original boxes. When I run out of room in the ammo cans, I just store them on the closet shelf.
    14. You can reseal bags of chips, pretzels, etc.
    15. I use the jar attachment from the Food Saver to re-seal Planter's freeze dried peanuts in a quart jar, after the large 32 0z package has been opened. Keeps them fresh until I'm ready for them.
    16. Keurig K-cups
    17. Rubber bands
    18. Spare rubber fuel line for the lawn tractor
    19. Garden fresh green beans.
    That's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

Top Bottom