• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    I should have gotten this opinion first before listed my PVS-10 for sale here. Could anyone put a value on one? I have seen several for sale over the past few years from $10,000-$15,000 used. I know that Optics Planet sells them so I contacted them and the guy quoted me $29,000 new in case. It is a fantastic day/night vision scope but the weight is just too much for my AR. I have a lighter optic in mind but would like to sell this one before I purchase.

I have mine listed for $9,100 OBO here on TGT. Honestly, am I way off on price or do I just have to find that one, right buyer? It doesn't seem like these are readily available so it's hard for me to judge. Any help would be appreciated.
    Lynx Defense

Delta4-3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    The PVS-10's usually end up selling for $5-7k. It's not that they are not technically worth more, but there are reasons why they go so low. If you have a receipt of purchase you can double that number. There are very few PVS-10s on the civilian market that are not stolen gov. property, which makes buyers gun shy. The biggest factor in getting a decent amount of money out of it, will be whether or not you can prove to a prospective buyer that it is NOT a grey market unit.
    Another factor is that not many people know what they are, and guys that were issued PVS-10's stay away from them, in general.

The good news is, there is indeed a market for them, mainly people who want a genuine .mil product, or something unique.

JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    The PVS-10's usually end up selling for $5-7k. It's not that they are not technically worth more, but there are reasons why they go so low. If you have a receipt of purchase you can double that number. There are very few PVS-10s on the civilian market that are not stolen gov. property, which makes buyers gun shy. The biggest factor in getting a decent amount of money out of it, will be whether or not you can prove to a prospective buyer that it is NOT a grey market unit.
    Another factor is that not many people know what they are, and guys that were issued PVS-10's stay away from them, in general.

The good news is, there is indeed a market for them, mainly people who want a genuine .mil product, or something unique.

Thanks. I will have to look for that receipt. I know I have it but when I purchased the scope I was not thinking I would ever sell it and need the receipt. Maybe my problem is I just need to purchase a rifle that is dedicated to this scope.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    If you are going to take a big hit on the scope it may just make sense to get that dedicated rifle for it. ;-)

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    They are starting to get long in the tooth. The orginial contract was let to Varo, now Litton Indus back in '94, unit price was about $9500 bucks. Most out there seem to be asking about $10k, not sure how many are getting it. I was on the testing team back in the 80's at Ft Hunter Liggett, they were really a WOW back then. I wish you luck on the sale, guess there are folks who would buy it, I would not...

Top Bottom