• Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    Hello,

As a lot of you know, my eight-year-old son, Vance, now helps me make the trigger springs I offer, doing the first step. He earns money for this.

He's had a lot of birthday parties to go to recently, as well as Mother's Day. He buys the gifts he wants to give, and is therefore learning to budget money.

This also means that he is running low on money about now. He asked me for more work, and I said I'd see what I can do since his last day of school is Thursday.

vances%20sale.jpg

Though I always make sure I keep several on hand for orders, I do need to make more, and figured this would be a good reason to hold a sale. Vance will get a thrill out of seeing his name on the Internet, and I'll use some of the proceeds to pay him directly for his work.

Thus, the title of the sale!

The trigger springs on http://smith-sights.com and the sub pages

http://www.smith-sights.com/hvmag

and

http://www.smith-sights.com/accurizing-the-mosin-nagant-a-year-later

are marked down.

Regards,

Josh
    Target Sports

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    Thank you. I wish I could keep him a little busier, but most of the other stuff requires strength or skill that he doesn't possess yet. He loves to read and I still have my gunsmithing books. He might be able to do simple work on his .22 under my supervision... Might just be about that time.

Josh

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    Last night, Vance invested $10 worth of birthday money into raw parts. This way, he was able to sell them back to me at a larger profit than he would have gotten for straight work.

I think he grasps this concept. The imagination he has allows him to grasp theory fairly easily. On our way home last night, our talk involved multiple overlapping dimensions.

I think Belle will be the doer. She's 2-1/2, and she had a screwdriver out helping me adjust the seat on her tricycle. She could fit the slot, but no strength yet to turn. She has begun learning a bit of martial arts, too, and is more natural than Vance, though Vance is grasping the harder styles now. I want them to both be able to defend themselves before they get their carry permits at 18 (Indiana age for concealed carry).

They come from families of educators, engineers and scientists on my side, and metal workers on my wife's side. It's a very good mixture, I think.

Josh

Top Bottom