• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    What do you have in your truck besides your carry gun?

How do you secure it?

I'm thinkin my vehicle should carry a little extra firepower than just what I'm carrying. I've already got 2 spare mags for the sig in a holster bolted to the inside of my console.

A saiga would be cool, or a Draco, or even a plr-16.
    Lynx Defense

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I think a one of those mini-guns on a scissor-lift thingy in the bed of my truck with remote controls in the cab so I could just raise it and point it over the tailgate when somebody starts following me too close.

beardking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    I think a one of those mini-guns on a scissor-lift thingy in the bed of my truck with remote controls in the cab so I could just raise it and point it over the tailgate when somebody starts following me too close.

Something kind of like this?
    rednech%20technical%202%20900%20copy.jpg (see fullsize here: MINIGUN)

All joking aside, after having my truck stolen (and luckily recovered) last year, I quickly nixed the idea of a "truck gun" for myself. I'm just not comfortable with the idea of a gun of mine being in the hands of someone that is low enough to steal my truck and possibly being used in another crime later. But, that's just personal preference.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Yeah I worry about that too. They do have some pretty cool locking devices made for police vehicles I think for AR variants.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    My truck being stolen is bascially a non-issue. The secret is to own a truck even an illegal immigrant wouldn't steal!! My old truck has a camper with tinted windows on it also. Probably a much cheaper ideal would be to just build a wooden mock-up and paint it accordingly.

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    I agree with beardking, don't like to leave a gun in my truck or car. Last summer I was at the gun range of choice and when I came out to leave the drivers side window was down. I did not leave it that way and there was no glass that was broken. After talking the the sheriff deputy we determoned that the window motor had failed and the window had lowered itself. Anyone could have walked by and helped thimselves to whatever they wanted in my truck (didn't have anything they would want though). I don'teven like to leave my gun in the car just to run into the Post Office, hope that will get fixed one of these days soon.

TM

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    I think you're probably safe around here at least. Most of the thieves around South Central Texas would rather break your damn window than just open the door! Even leaving a gun in a trunk is pretty risky business.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    In San Antonio, theft of property from vehicles is a very common event. Too risky here for me to leave a weapon in the car when I'm not in it, too.

Good point and thanks for the heads up.
    Me, now day's I carry a S&W 9mm. " Dont want my 1911's to be fucked with by the cops, and damn sure dont need them stolen out of my truck". I exercise the travel exemption, and a few other UCW exemptions most often. One of these day's im sure i'll get thrown in jail so I dont want my good stuff being held up at the cops shop.
    I also keep a riot shotgun in my p.u... Securing your guns in a vehicle is never fool proof. Thats the problem with our gun laws and the right to carry. " YOu gotta leave you defense in the vehicle for somebody to steal it.
    I also haul around a 125 pound lab. He loves his truck and get very protective of it when im not in there. He also provides me with "extra" legal defense in case I catch some SOB trying to screw with my vehicle with him in there. " You got a right to defend your pets". I love my big black buddy, so dont let me catch anybody F'n around my truck.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I think I am going to velcro a saiga 12, or a pistol grip shotgun to the back of my passenger seat. I will have to cover it up with come velcro thing too.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I keep a Taurus M85 with in the door, comes with my when I leave the truck. Since I can not easily get to my carry weapon while seated in the jeep.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I could use that sawed off to 19 nova I've got but I'm afraid that some cop will arrest me for a sawn off shotgun.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    It was 28 I don't know how long it Is but it's still way longer than my brothers mossberg pgs

Top Bottom