• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Never seen them this long.. out the door and around the building. All this for what? 10+ windows and only 3-5 people working? Moved 10 feet in 30 minutes.. only 100 feet to go. Smdh. Excuse my mild rant out of boredom.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Most likely because everyone forgot to get the Feb renewal done. Go to the Kroger or HEB if it is for March.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Most likely because everyone forgot to get the Feb renewal done. Go to the Kroger or HEB if it is for March.
    Yeah you are probably right. Not the best idea to go in the beginning of the month I suppose. I did go to Kroger, but all they do is do it online like anyone can try from home. For some reason when I tried to renew online it said my vehicle is not eligible for online renewal.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    I mail it in.

I would have, but they failed to mail my renewal form after I changed my mailing address my title address and my license address when I moved last June. Never got it at the new house. My last house is a rent house and I asked the tenant if they had ever received mail for me and their reply was never. I think I just got screwed but just gotta bite the bullet and deal with it.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Went to the Tax Asessor's office and completed two trailer registrations and out the door under 10 minutes......(Rockport)

The drove over to the DPS office to renew my DL (wouldn't let me renew on line).....2 hours waiting (take a number).......then 5 minutes to take care of business......(not in Rockport)

I don't blame the DPS employees as much as the stupid people who didn't have ID's, Birth Certificates or any damn thing to show who they were, folks who couldn't understand or read (or both) the questions on the applications. And people who would cut in line "I'm just going to ask a question" and generally slowed everything down to a crawl, because they are stupid. One woman when asked why she was there actually said "I don't know why I'm here"..................

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Mission accomplished in about 5 minutes here every year in Cibolo / Schertz. Tax office folks are plenty friendly too.
    thats not too far outside of the city either if I remember correctly.. man.. Houston really sucks when it comes to DPS/DMV/Tax offices, etc

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    I ended up being in line about 2 hours and 20 minutes before being called to a window. Mostly due to there being few people working there. There would be 3-4 people behind a counter with 11-12 work stations.. under staffed? Yes. Then there was also staff members there who would help one person then go grab a cup of coffee and sit down at a friends desk for 5 minutes before coming back to the window.. or a worker would run off behind the doors somewhere for 20 minutes and then return to help 1 or 2 people then wander off again. Just very poor service at Cypresswood in Spring, TX. Everyone in line seemed to have all their proper documents and items ready for presentation but the people were just slow as hell.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Govt. at it's finest. With apologies to those who earn their keep.
    My last trip out of country may be my last. DFW airport. 2 large airliners, international flights landed. How many booths were open at immigrations? 3 that's how many.
    How many customs agents on duty? 2
    Guess who needed a break in the middle of the logjam? Yep, immigration officer. Flat put told US citizens who complained, 'I don't want to hear it'.
    What questions asked and documents requested at immigratipn were repeated verbatim at customs.
    Let's just say the 2.5 hr, stand in line with all your carry on stuff didn't go over real well with yours truly and a whole host of others.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Notice how easy it is to get a vehicle safety inspection?

Don't have to go through a government bureaucrat. A business man knows how to get as many customers through the line in the shortest amount of time.

But, when you take your vehicle to a dealership for an oil change; you'll wait an hour or more. The dealership has layers of employees, from the service rep, to the shop boss, to the driver/spotter, to the guy who changes the oil. Then, they've got other guys to check you fluids, air filter, cabin air filter, and when it all said and done, your tires still need air and they did not vacuum the interior of the car.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Notice how easy it is to get a vehicle safety inspection?

Don't have to go through a government bureaucrat. A business man knows how to get as many customers through the line in the shortest amount of time.

But, when you take your vehicle to a dealership for an oil change; you'll wait an hour or more. The dealership has layers of employees, from the service rep, to the shop boss, to the driver/spotter, to the guy who changes the oil. Then, they've got other guys to check you fluids, air filter, cabin air filter, and when it all said and done, your tires still need air and they did not vacuum the interior of the car.

Don't you mean "Stealership" ??

Top Bottom