• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nano65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2016
    Here is my new favorite holster for my XDs45 w/Crimson Trace. It is made from Distressed Exotic Water Buffalo leather. I have been very satisfied with my Versacarry Protector Series bridle leather holster but when Versacarry had a 50% off offer across the whole store I just couldn't help myself and bought it. Sure glad I did. The leather is noticeably heavier than the bridle leather. Still, it is a relatively light holster. The retention is really good. I also bought it because I am able to carry a spare mag in it. The distressed brown leather looks very good. Very comfortable to carry. The BIG + is that is made in BRYAN TEXAS by local TEXAS folks who really know holsters.

HQO1Azxl.jpg
    Texas SOT

Nano65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2016
    I normally carry in the 4 o'clock position. Very comfortable. When I'm driving the 3 o'clock position is most comfortable.
    I saturated the holster with Neatsfoot Compound and left the XDs45 in it for 2 days just like I did a year ago with my Versacarry Protector holster. No forming or molding took place. It did soften the holster which I really like. I can't tell that there is any less retention. Still very good. The only drawback is that the beautiful stress marks disappeared. It is even more comfortable since it is not so stiff. The improvement outweighs the loss of the marks. I do recommend doing this. This is now my everyday carry unless I need to pocket carry in my Crimson Trace holster.

cakHlvzl.jpg

Top Bottom