DK Firearms

Victory for now: Shotgun Importability Ban - DENIED!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    This is very good for us:

What the Brady Bunch and the Gun hatin Mayors missed is going to make them a little upset:

This law has effectively killed the Jolly Pirate's attempt to ban the importation of Saiga Shotguns and other tactical Shotguns. through the abuse of the "sporting purpose” requirement and the Jolly Pirate's agency rulemaking powers.

Have a look at what was tucked into the “Fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills”. On November 18, 2011, this was passed by Congress, and signed into law by the President Obama.
    The law reads as follows:
    SEC. 541. None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to pay the salaries or expenses of personnel to deny, or fail to act on, an application for the importation of any model of shotgun if–
    (1) all other requirements of law with respect to the proposed importation are met; and
    (2) no application for the importation of such model of shotgun, in the same configuration, had been denied by the Attorney General prior to January 1, 2011, on the basis that the shotgun was not particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.
    The amazing thing is that our Congress actually acted on our concerns regarding the Jolly Pirate's January 27, 2011 “Study on the Importability of Certain Shotguns.

The Jolly Pirates used the “Shotgun Study” to support its position that “military shotguns, or shotguns with common military features that are unsuitable for traditional shotgun sports” should be banned from import into the United States. The study also refused to consider IDPS, IPSC and 3 Gun shooting as a sport. The Jolly Pirates stuck their heads in the sand regarding the maturing uses of shotguns in the shooting sports and threatened all of us.

So it looks like a small victory for now.
    Military Camp

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I thought this was old news, that this decision was made months ago; which is why Siaga shottie prices have dropped some but are still not back to their pre-panic levels.

Much like the ammo fears after Obama was elected in 2008, I suspect we'll see a gradual return but there's no guarantee that they'll ever be as cheap as they were.

Cheers! M2

pretzel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    West of Amarillo
    who says saiga's are not hunting shotguns
    yote.jpg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I thought this was old news, that this decision was made months ago; which is why Siaga shottie prices have dropped some but are still not back to their pre-panic levels.
    Maybe, but it wasn't signed until the 18th. I'd like to see Saiga 12 prices back down to ~$400.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    The new saiga 12's dont have the side rail mount. I think its due to all this mess. Thankfully mine was made earlier this year. $700 is about what they go for nowadays.

cutter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would like to compare deaths in united states from military shotguns vs deaths from hunting shotguns wielded by civilians.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I just wish there was a way to get spas 12's to come back, not sure why but I'd love to have one.

Top Bottom