• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kris4647

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Seabrook Texas
    Hi I recently (very) purchased the above for a leisure/home defense AR. It arrived with a few rail attachment pieces missing 1/3. They are sorta a disappointing part of the buy tbh, plastic small rail clamp onparts that are small and plastic. The optic itself is pretty decent, if pricey. I paid $250ish NIB (open box)

Anyway my questions are [while I can still return it :)]

Are there any aftermarket mount replacements?
    Opinions on price the buy? Worth the money?

questions are welcome, thanks in advance
    Lynx Defense

TXDeer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2014
    Conroe
    Not sure if you posted in other sites or forums and got replies...

Viridian makes a great green laser compared to others in my experiences. Have several of them in various products across pistols and rifles. Agree that the rail side mounts are less quality than expected given the vendors product position and overall price. Although it reads your acquired yours through other means for a lower price does not remove the concern about the mounts.

Overall the quality of the green laser is just great... and make initial shot and follow-up shots extremely quick. For any daylight use... again the Viridian green laser is completely usable in almost 100% use scenarios...

Do you still have it?...

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Hi I recently (very) purchased the above for a leisure/home defense AR. It arrived with a few rail attachment pieces missing 1/3. They are sorta a disappointing part of the buy tbh, plastic small rail clamp onparts that are small and plastic. The optic itself is pretty decent, if pricey. I paid $250ish NIB (open box)

Anyway my questions are [while I can still return it :)]

Are there any aftermarket mount replacements?
    Opinions on price the buy? Worth the money?

questions are welcome, thanks in advance

Have you contacted the people that sold it to you?

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    No experience with that item, but both of my CT rail mounted lasers have small plastic parts attaching them to the rails. Tightened up, they are secure enough for me. But, in all fairness, I don't plan on dropping them out of a helicopter or blowing them up to see if they stay mounted. YMMV

TXDeer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2014
    Conroe
    The plastic rails won't fail in so far as attachment... but they do bend slightly to throw off your sighted POI to potentially miss at small game/rodents at 100 yards. Very frustrating as your using the device for sighted tracking/impact... and a small deviation on the plastic mounts cause larger degree of error farther the distance. Would be nice if someone made alternate housing solutions for both CT/Viridian lasers that had concerns in this area... give the potential market sales...it would be too little for any vendor to commit... but a retiree??? I have seen some good sales from those who dabbled in these types of solutions as there are always buyers.

Have you send any alternate mounts?...

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Bought this for $20, took it to gun show, found them all over the place under a LOT of different names, but the EXACT same device, same specs, same, same. Prices were everywhere from a low of $149 to around $350 table price, MSR MUCH MORE.

Being a former machinist I did a close inspection, could not tell the difference, IMO, same exact unit. Order another one in Red...

Powerful Tactical Green Dot Laser Sight Scope Rail Barrel Mount for Rifle Gun | eBay

TXDeer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2014
    Conroe
    Have seen those with some trainers for practice and others with youngsters with airsoft firearms. The Asia optics I have heard have not held up to larger caliber firearm g's... but do not have any first hand experience. Seems to be ideal for a .22 range of calibers for many uses...

Is yours used with a high caliber firearm and fared well?...

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Have seen those with some trainers for practice and others with youngsters with airsoft firearms. The Asia optics I have heard have not held up to larger caliber firearm g's... but do not have any first hand experience. Seems to be ideal for a .22 range of calibers for many uses...

Is yours used with a high caliber firearm and fared well?...
    No, problem at all, but as I said at the SA gun show I must have looked at a 100 of those things, on different tables, same box, same, same, same, the one on ebay where I bought comes direct from China., took a while to get here, but its made of machined Alum, G/R is strong and far more powerful that some USA stuff I have had. Quality is is high, its machined, not plastic junk anywhere to be found. I was impressed with it when it arrived...I figured if it was a piece of plastic, junk with a piece of green plastic over an LED or something I would trash it or give it to some Airsoft kid...its on my AR 10T...

TXDeer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2014
    Conroe
    Impressed to hear as that is not the norm I have heard or seen... Its the internal optics on those devices that were of concern, not the external tubes or mounts. Good to have feedback on it mounted to an AR10 no less... for quite the recoil g's...

Given the low entry costs will have to pick one up and give it a try...

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Impressed to hear as that is not the norm I have heard or seen... Its the internal optics on those devices that were of concern, not the external tubes or mounts. Good to have feedback on it mounted to an AR10 no less... for quite the recoil g's...

Given the low entry costs will have to pick one up and give it a try...
    China produces junk is the mantra...If anyone has shopped at Harbor Freight and I have for a good 8 years I have seen the quality go up, up, up and up. Few of you can remember the 50's with Japan as an emerging producer to the US. THe early stuff was made from US beer cans and that is a FACT, I know. Today Japan produces some of the finest stuff you can buy from high end optics to machined products. Its the Asian way. They are not much on inventions and build from scratch and concept, but get them a product and in a year they will beat you at your own game with at 1/2 price.

Same goes for China.

The huge wave of outsourcing to China has diminished a lot and the reason for it is simple. China will produce what ever you want. Its up to YOU to write the specs and its up to YOU to QC. Early on companies rushed to China to have them produce XYZ only to have a boatload show up at the dock that was unusable. Total failure by US INC to understand the model. First establish an office, staff it with YOUR engineering and QC team, then find a company that has the tooling that can produce your product...OH, wait a min, that is gonna cost a fortune in manpower, housing, travel and the company that has a 5 axis computer milling machine and can work to .00001 tolerances wants almost as much as I can get it done in the US....WELLLLLLLL DUH!!!

I quit a company as the Senior VP over outsourcing, I told the CEO and Board exactly what I just wrote (more detail and longer) they told me I had no idea what I was talking about and decided to go forward with the outsource and layoff 90% of my staff, I quit...they went bankrupt!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom