Venture Surplus ad

Virtual BorderWatch...You too can help keep an eye on the border...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    When offering to help as a community service, I see no reason why they would expect people to have police training.

This isnt just ANY kind of community service like helping the Red Cross or picking up trash on the highways. We're talking about patrolling and defending our borders from illegal aliens. Some of these illegals are well armed and extremely dangerous. Sure, folks would love for Joe Blow to come and help out, but nobody wants Joe Blow to end up in a bar ditch the next morning with a hole in the middle of him because he tried to tangle with some wetbacks who decided to defend their drug packages with deadly force.
    Guns International

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    All I ever heard was, " Do you have police training". My response " Screw you and your police training"!
    You catch more flies with honey, man... Maybe a better response would be "No, I don't have any official training, but I have done x-y-z in an unofficial capacity and am willing to learn on the job." Volunteers have to go through an interview process just as if you were being paid to do whatever you're volunteering for. A lot of times volunteers are held to a higher standard than paid employees.

I really wish the military was allowed to patrol our border. Anyone caught crossing should be treated like a potential enemy combatant.

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    www.blueservo.com

You can sign up and watch parts of the Texas border via live feed cameras. When you see something suspicious (as described for each view), click a button and a box opens to make a report.

It is free to participate and sometimes you can see some neat stuff. Sometimes it may be wildlife or Joe Rancher taking care of his stock, or it is a group paddling a little boat across the Rio Grande or guys with large bundle backpacks snaking through the brush.

23 cameras are up and running right now, two added in this last week. So the program appears to be growing.

'Caught 3 last night on camera 10....it DOES work!:patriot:

Top Bottom