• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Just got back and i must say that I had a good time in Austin. I managed to make it to GT Distributers, Cabelas and Elite gun store. Managed to buy a whole bunch of stuff including a S&W M&P at a very nice price from GT. Also visted a cool surlpus store on Lamar but don't remember the name
    Had some great food and enjoyed the green landscape which is quite different from the brown that I am used to. Thanks for the advice and I'll be back in three months!!

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Also visted a cool surlpus store on Lamar but don't remember the name

If it was on North Lamar, and had a bunch of stuff out front (as of last I went), then it was probably Army Navy Surplus (believe that's the name). Used to be, and assume still is, run by a large Hispanic guy that's got quite a few stories to tell.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    If it was on North Lamar, and had a bunch of stuff out front (as of last I went), then it was probably Army Navy Surplus (believe that's the name). Used to be, and assume still is, run by a large Hispanic guy that's got quite a few stories to tell.

I didn't care for that one.

Qwonsett hut is much smaller, but better stuff.

Banana Bay is garbage now.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Banana Bay is garbage now.

The guy sold the place a year or so back. I haven't been since right after they switched owners and were doing a huge inventory liquidation. Even then, it'd been lacking for a while. Last time I felt they were truly better was when they were still in that tiny house near McBride's.

Top Bottom