Votes: 12 46.2%
    • Glock 48

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

psledoux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2015
    Like the post says. i'm leaning toward the 48, but wanted to see what others thought.
    I'm in the same conundrum. I'm also leaning toward the Glock 48 with the Shield Arms 15 round magazine. I would have to figure out which Holosun GR optic fits the slide.
    Capitol Armory ad

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Gee, one of the reasons we settled on GLOCK 9mm’s is commonality of magazines. Our G26, G19, & Ruger PCC all can use the standard 15 round double stack GLOCK G19 mags.

I see great advantage in use of one mag for everything when traveling or in emergencies.

Yes, we have other GLOCk magazines, but don’t travel w/ them.

So, no new ‘’slim’’ GLOCKS for us, thanks anyway !

leVieux

<>

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    My son gave me a 43 a couple years back for a backup gun. When carrying my Commander, I sometimes slip the 43 in a pocket for an emergency backup. I have a couple of 8 rd. mags for my 43, when carrying with my Commander or another pistol, I usually just go with the 6 rd. mags.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've had all 3. I like the 48. About time for some cerakote though.
    20230426_164136.jpg

Last edited:

Skeeter64

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2023
    Red Oak
    I voted for the 43x because that’s what I have. The Shield arms 15 round mags have worked well for me at the range, but I have onlycarried with the Glock mags.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I have all three. I carry 43X with a red dot mostly. I do like my G48 and it has a dot and a light. Both are solid shooters. I generally use them for IDPA and usually shoot clean runs…but that’s more the fact I focus on sights and trigger than speed and volume…

Reactions: MTA

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Like the post says. i'm leaning toward the 48, but wanted to see what others thought.
    So as you can tell, wrong forum to ask this question. Only a few sane folks here. The rest are a bunch of old curmudgeons when it comes to the "G" word...(Glock).

It was like asking a bunch of vegans if they wanted sausage or bacon with their eggs. It was like asking a Liberal if he preferred Trump or DeSantis.

:laughing::grenade::banana::facepalm:

LOL!!!

Yeah, I'm gonna get slammed...but worth it for a laugh!

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    PSA now has their 15 round Micro Dagger magazines on the market. They work in the G43X and G48 without changing the magazine release. I have some on order and will report when I can try them out.

Reactions: MTA

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    … The rest are a bunch of old curmudgeons when it comes to the "G" word...(Glock).

LOL!!!

I’ll wear that badge!
    (Actually, most of us are past the BS stage of life and will give you a straight up answer unsweetened).

I owned (won) a Glock 17 Gen 3. For me the balance was not there and the grip reminded me of a piece of wood someone had sanded in 30 seconds at an off angle. Never shot it. Sold it to a Marine vet for a deal and never looked back. Found other semi’s that fit and balanced much better and bought them.

If it works for you, God bless.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    So as you can tell, wrong forum to ask this question. Only a few sane folks here. The rest are a bunch of old curmudgeons when it comes to the "G" word...(Glock).

It was like asking a bunch of vegans if they wanted sausage or bacon with their eggs. It was like asking a Liberal if he preferred Trump or DeSantis.

LOL!!!

I am an old curmudgeon, but don't have a problem with Glocks. In fact I carry one every day and I also have never liked 1911s, but that is not why I chose to carry a Glock.
    I carry the Glock because it is a reliable gun that I don't care if it get scratched or the finish wears even though that has yet to happen.

As for the poll, I didn't vote because I don't like small pistols, I carry a full sized G20. it fits my hand perfectly and shoots quite well., but that's just me.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I am an old curmudgeon, but don't have a problem with Glocks. In fact I carry one every day and I also have never liked 1911s, but that is not why I chose to carry a Glock.
    I carry the Glock because it is a reliable gun that I don't care if it get scratched or the finish wears even though that has yet to happen.

As for the poll, I didn't vote because I don't like small pistols, I carry a full sized G20. it fits my hand perfectly and shoots quite well., but that's just me.
    Well said.

I’m an old curmudgeon as well…but I’m not a gun snob. I’m not about folks liking or not liking any specific firearm. But OP asked a specific question for input, and folks go on a tangent that is not germane to the question is not helpful…

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom