• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Went to the poll and voted early tonight. The new ID law? Nothing to it. There were a LOT of people voting and I didn't see or hear of anyone with a problem and they seemed to be processing them all through quickly. It was the first time I've seen them scan driver's licenses. It was quick and painless. One swipe, "confirm the address and age", and then here's your code number to let you use any of the voting booths.
    Texas SOT

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. By extension, the definition of insanity is voting for the same group of useless assholes (Democrats and Republicans) and expecting a different result. We are soooooooooooooooooo fucked!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. By extension, the definition of insanity is voting for the same group of useless assholes (Democrats and Republicans) and expecting a different result. We are soooooooooooooooooo fucked!

I only vote when I can use the write in option.

x12aesq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    On US 77 kind of north of I-10
    There is only one vote on the SCOTUS between us and the liberal definition of the 2A (i.e. that it doesn't exist.) Whatever else is true, a liberal senate will rubberstamp any crazy SC appointment a disengaged community organizer wants to make. That alone is enough for me to vote for the less liberal party, no matter how much I'd prefer to see real conservatives.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The election official scanned my driver's license and it did not correspond with the name on file, even though my date of birth and street address matched up. Said my voter registration listed only a middle initial, but my driver's license had the middle name fully spelled out, so unless I had another form of accepted ID, I could not vote until I got the mess sorted out.

The first letter of my middle name corresponded with the abbreviation on file. Was not good enough (I reside in a dominantly Democrat district). They tried to use the law to disenfranchise me. **** 'em. Pulled out my military I.D. -- Last, First, MI.

Got a frown from that clown when she could not turn me away.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I had the same issue. I just had to sign my name on a slip of paper and I was allowed to vote.

Couyon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NW of Austin
    There is only one vote on the SCOTUS between us and the liberal definition of the 2A (i.e. that it doesn't exist.) Whatever else is true, a liberal senate will rubberstamp any crazy SC appointment a disengaged community organizer wants to make. That alone is enough for me to vote for the less liberal party, no matter how much I'd prefer to see real conservatives.

This right here!

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    The repubs have disappointed me alot in the past few years, but to keep the party of this
    commie clown we have for President in power, is just INSANITY!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Said my voter registration listed only a middle initial, but my driver's license had the middle name fully spelled out, so unless I had another form of accepted ID, I could not vote until I got the mess sorted out.
    My VR and DL are the same as your's and I had no problem at all. Obviously it was the jerk on the other side of the table.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Rain is keeping folks away from the polls.
    Looked like it anyway.
    I was the only voter in the place at 7:45 this morning.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I had the hiccup with middle initial / middle name as well. It delayed my voting by all of 10 seconds while they explained and said "sign here and we'll update it to match DPS records."

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Two other people in the polling place this morning. Lady in front of had a drivers license expired over 60 days ago. They sent her to DPS.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I had the hiccup with middle initial / middle name as well. It delayed my voting by all of 10 seconds while they explained and said "sign here and we'll update it to match DPS records."
    meh..... I'm not changing my VR. Next time I'll make sure to have my passport with me that only has my initial on it. Wish I could change my DL but DPS insists on middle name.

Top Bottom