• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Good price and find, but curious about a few details... I thought all Milspec/CZ contracted magazines were aluminum bodied and painted with grey enamel finish. Black only if they were CZ usa paint matched. Also, military surplus is a loose term to use, never know if they are worn out or like new.*** Actually, just re-read the offering and it describes them as "blued finish" but aluminum material. *** Overall that is a fair price if they are good condition mags.

Best deal I ever saw was for a dozen from Jestice firearms 3 or 4 years ago. 12 magazines all new in package military surplus in original grey finish for a mere $150. Back then I figured they were a dime a dozen if new mags could be had that cheap. Wish I had bought another dozen lately.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Good price and find, but curious about a few details... I thought all Milspec/CZ contracted magazines were aluminum bodied and painted with grey enamel finish. Black only if they were CZ usa paint matched. Also, military surplus is a loose term to use, never know if they are worn out or like new.*** Actually, just re-read the offering and it describes them as "blued finish" but aluminum material. *** Overall that is a fair price if they are good condition mags.

Best deal I ever saw was for a dozen from Jestice firearms 3 or 4 years ago. 12 magazines all new in package military surplus in original grey finish for a mere $150. Back then I figured they were a dime a dozen if new mags could be had that cheap. Wish I had bought another dozen letely.

Not sure I can tell what color they are. I am assuming they have the grey finish. I have yet to buy any that weren't. I have some on the way so I will post pics when I get them.

And as you said, these mags where plentiful, but with everyone and their granny buying up the sub $400 rifles, the supply took a big hit and was devastated, so seeing the $15 deal was nice. Even Czechpoint hasn't had any in stock for a few months now.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    These came in today. All are typical grey painted aluminum mags. All were in great condition, excellent for surplus. A few had some insertion marks up top from use as you can see, yet a few others had slight surface scrapes in the same area. All bodies were dent, ding and generally scratch free. I couldn't see these being used all that much.

E41A14651_zps93zxehu9.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Thanks for posting up some pictures. At $15ea, I may just have to add another half dozen to my arsenal. I still have 2 ORF builds I need to finish out as well as one spare reciever. Don't know if 20 mags is enough for 4 rifles...

Top Bottom