Target Sports

Walmart, jumps on bandwagon. with Dick's.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Wasted effort just make them 18 yr olds do private sales or head to gun shows. Be more legal than buying beer for them. WalMart and Ducks just don’t want to be mentioned in a news report. I understand that from a business perspective. They can’t make enough money on them V’s the bad press is their thought but I really doubt there are any good $$ numbers to support anyone boycotting either folks that go to Walmart will continue to do so. Dicks doesn’t uqve the same level of product competition IMHO

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I work at walmart. Yeah, it IS going to make a dent. A lot of my firearms related sales are to people between 18 and 21. Academy, if they don't get stupid, and the gun stores are going to love this shit. Their revenue stream just turned into a river.
    But what do you expect from a company that can't figure out the new Texas knife law. They think it only applies to hunting knives. The worst part is, I showed them the text of the actual Bill that was signed. And highlighted the important parts. Like the part that says the store and employee are committing a criminal act by selling an age restricted knife to a minor.

Just like Dicks, this is going to piss off a LOT of people.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Your correct it will help regular FFL gun shops. I did not think there was enough of a price difference between WalMart and gun shows on AR’s. I must have 6-8 of them and not shot in many many years. Ought to trade in 4 on a really light one with a BFSIII trigger. Already have a Colt M-16 with Aheike upper I also do not shoot. I feel like a damn Fudd. Guess I sorta am.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    walmart restrictions.jpg

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    My local Wally World doesn't sell guns, anyway.

I already hate em. I wish to hell there was another grocery store close by.

Still, too bad their management decided to be Dicks.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I work at walmart....
    ...criminal act by selling an age restricted knife to a minor.

Why work there? If the company is asking you to do something illegal, then either get your corporate legal team involved or go to work for a reputable employer.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Wasted effort just make them 18 yr olds do private sales or head to gun shows. Be more legal than buying beer for them. WalMart and Ducks just don’t want to be mentioned in a news report. I understand that from a business perspective. They can’t make enough money on them V’s the bad press is their thought but I really doubt there are any good $$ numbers to support anyone boycotting either folks that go to Walmart will continue to do so. Dicks doesn’t uqve the same level of product competition IMHO

Dicks was panicking because the lady he stayed with named them in a 911 call

Top Bottom