• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    Visit the Walther Forum, you can DL a PDF of The P22 bible. It shows what you can do. Nice to know what to look for. I've decided the P22 is like the 1911 was in the '70s. Out of the box it may or may not run well. you will have to work on it a bit, then you will love it. Nothing expensive, you just need to be brave.
    I enjoy the feel of the P22. I like the loud fast report. Its a kitten acting like a cat. The double/single action without a decocker is a favored set up. Kind of like a CZ 75. The safety is a hard hammer block you can rely on. I have not owned a gun in years that I just Like so much. Mine was made back in 2006 so it may be updated since. My MKII was perfect and thus lacked the character of the Walther.
    WaltherForums
    Texas SOT

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I cannot understand why anyone would buy a p22, now a days, since the sr22 came out. The p22 is the worse pos i have ever owned. You souldn't have to dremel and remove metal from a new firearm, just to make it function.

firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    Honestly I don't hassle with the feeble minded. Your post was mean spirited without cause. You should reread YOUR qoute in my post.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I liked my p22 for about 2000 rounds. I am sorry for saying it sucks guys. That was in response to guy calling me feeble minded and an idiot for having an oposing opinion. If everyone agreed on everything there would be no reason tohave discussions on forums like this. A personal attack on someone just because they don't share the same opinion is low and doesn't belong here. If you guys have walthers that dont wear out after a couple thousand rounds, rock on. I wish mine did too.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    I have way more than 2000 rounds through my P22...probably getting up around twice that now. I think it took almost 1000 rounds to break it in. At our last Houston meet I put a couple of hundred rounds of Remington GB bulk through it as fast as I could put the sights on target, pull the trigger, and swap mags (I have 5 mags so that's 50 rounds in a couple of minutes) No problems at all...smooth as silk! And, yes, I did put a dremel to it, but then I have also tweaked both of my 10-22s and noticeably improved their cycling and accuracy. I do not see any problem tweaking and polishing so as long as you have the right tools, know what you are doing, and what you are trying to accomplish.

As for comparing the P22 to the SR22, I own both Ruger and Walther pistols and seriously, I do not see a whole lot of difference with mfg quality. I have handled and shot the Ruger and it is a fine weapon...but I personally do not think that the Ruger has been out long enough for us to justify stating that it is better than the Walther...that is a matter of opinion...and we all know what opinions are...

firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    Just for the fun of it, I just ordered the barrel adapter and a M16A2 flash hider for my P22. Saw a video of one with this set up and liked it. I don't expect it to change anything, except the looks. My P22 is 100% all the time to. Its a truly fun gun. Having a stock threaded barrel is fun too.
    Funny fleebay won't allow flash hider/supressors to be sold, they are too scary for them. But they do allow Muzzle Brakes, so if you need a flash hider type in muzzle brake, as that is what they all have become. The P22 adapter is allowed, funny thing both just sit on the end of the barrel. One is OK the other is not. Liberals are hard to figure. I'll post a pic here when they arrive.

firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    Just for the fun of it, I just ordered the barrel adapter and a M16A2 flash hider for my P22. Saw a video of one with this set up and liked it. I don't expect it to change anything, except the looks. My P22 is 100% all the time to. Its a truly fun gun. Having a stock threaded barrel is fun too.
    Funny fleebay won't allow flash hider/supressors to be sold, they are too scary for them. But they do allow Muzzle Brakes, so if you need a flash hider type in muzzle brake, as that is what they all have become. The P22 adapter is allowed, funny thing both just sit on the end of the barrel. One is OK the other is not. Liberals are hard to figure. I'll post a pic here when they arrive.

Here is the P22 with A2 Flash Suppressor and adapter.

Flash Hider.jpg

zain5505

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Dallas
    Mine loves Federal bulk ammo as well. I read a lot of bad reviews when I got mine. I even heard one story of the slide completely breaking off the gun. Supposedly the earlier versions had these problems; I'm glad mine doesn't!

Top Bottom