• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perez357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Sherman
    Hello everyone,
    I am looking at the possibility of buying a new handgun for concealed carry. What do you think about the PPS? Thank you in advance.
    Venture Surplus ad

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I can say this much, I stopped by Full Armor Firearms (Houston) off the Katy Freeway, just east of Dairy Ashford yesterday, and took at look at a Walther PPK and was very impressed just from looking at it in the store. The guy in the store told me he carries a Walther of some kind or other (Walther is a brand I never paid much attention to, but they have my attention now), and loves it. He said his wife has a PPK and it is one of the best shooting pistols he's ever shot. Just throwing that out there. Not sure if you're near Houston but it would be worth a visit to that store. They're new, but great guys to do business with. I haven't shot a PPS but I would expect it to be of good quality. Rent one before buying is the best advice I can give you.

I had (have) my eye on a Sig P238 for my next gun purchase, but this PPK definitely has my interest. It's about $100 less than the P238 too.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I'd like mine alot if it worked. Nice and compact. Very skinny. But no way I would trust it for carry.

Sometimes the slide doesn't fully close other times the trigger stays back and won't reset after a shot

Fighta1337

US NAVY
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    west side of 20 Fort Worth
    the PPS 9mm does just dandy how ever its big brother PPS .40 has complications. It seems as a compact the slide is so fast that the shell doesnt eject fast enough when the next round tries to inject causing a jam . It was my first gun ever and it worked well with just 1 jam that day , then i started noticing it happens much more frequently then you would like. My gf has the PK380 and has never had a single jam. This is just my exp with it, but it seems im not the only one. Ive seen a few youtube complaints about the .40 as well .

i traded it in for my Beretta PX4 Storm and i am completely happy with it .

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The 9mm PPS likes heavier bullets: 124 grain & 147 grain in 9mm.

With 115 grain FMJs, the PPS tends to choke, especially if not held firmly in the hand and with wrist and elbow locked tight.

Solved that problem with a couple of boxes of Winchester-Olin 124 grain NATO rounds commonly available at Academy & WalMart.

As for the .40 Caliber version, never had a problem with 165 grain boolits.

Accuracy is superb!

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    the PPS 9mm does just dandy how ever its big brother PPS .40 has complications. It seems as a compact the slide is so fast that the shell doesnt eject fast enough when the next round tries to inject causing a jam . It was my first gun ever and it worked well with just 1 jam that day , then i started noticing it happens much more frequently then you would like. My gf has the PK380 and has never had a single jam. This is just my exp with it, but it seems im not the only one. Ive seen a few youtube complaints about the .40 as well .

i traded it in for my Beretta PX4 Storm and i am completely happy with it .

If you ever run into that sort of problem again, try going with a heavier recoil spring from a brand like Wolff.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    OP, I've got a Sig P238 you can try out if you'd like. It's my personal carry weapon and I can't remember how many rounds I've put through it but it's more than a thousand.

Jimbo302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Red Oak
    Ive been looking at a few CCW options. The Ruger LCP, Taurus slim, KelTec p11, etc. I havent looked at the walther. Ill have to check it out.

Songbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Amarillo
    Just bought the PPS last weekend and will be taking it to the range for the first time tomorrow. I'll report back and let you know how it behaved!

Songbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Amarillo
    Great first outing! Had no problems with the gun. My accuracy was a little bit low and right, but I think it was me, not the gun. I'm used to my Colt Mustang, and the PPS just felt different. I have no complaints so far. Only got to shoot 50 rounds through it this time, but had no issues whatsoever.

Blackthorne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Houston
    Im also in the market for a new carry pistol and i had a chance to handle the PPS at Academy recently...its been stuck in my head since. I want to go 9mm and am almost tired of hearing about the Shield, so the PPS seems like a more interesting option. Not that Im knocking S&W (I have a full size M&P .45) but Id like to go in a different direction. Ill have to go check out Full Armor and see what they have...

Top Bottom