Gun Zone Deals

Wanting to relocate to Aggieland semi-rural. Suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Howdy! My mom and sister live in Colege Station and my nephew is about to graduate Texas A&M.

I currently live in Arizona and love it, but I’d like to be closer to family, as I have none here. I also have business in Texas and just love being there.

Furthermore, my kids are Jr High and younger and all are homeschooled and I’m trying to raise them right, but the blue state sickness and toxic influence is all around them here. Covid migration from California, Illinois and Washington really changed things seemingly overnight.

I would sure feel better about them going to a university in Texas, preferably Texas A&M, so they can do the corps and have a minimum of indoctrination (besides Aggie indoctrination, whoop!).

If you wanted something about 7-8 acres within an hour from College Station, conservative and unlikely to sell out to developers and/or liberals, where would you go?

I was looking at Navasota and parts east of College Station so far.

My plan is to start the process of looking in about a year.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:
    Reactions: Eli

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Texas is kinda becoming a land grab sorta speak. You buy what you find before you need it. It's skyrocketing in price is the main reason mostly due to the influx of California, NewYork and Places like New Jersey. People with cash. Houses sell within weeks where I'm at and acreage is all being bought up by Developers.. act fast!

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Thanks fellas! Any undervalued areas that you know of? When I sell my home in AZ I’m not going to have California type of money, so I’m looking to stretch a dollar. I’m okay being an hour from town.

dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    Last time I checked, which was quite a while back, land around mine seems to be about 10-12k an acre, which is more than double in last 5 years.I am about 45 min from Bryan, west of Centerville some 12 miles.I think there are a couple of pieces for sale on my CR, 12 acre and 20 acre. Leon County. It is getting harder to find, though.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    We’re about 25 minutes from the university, right outside Brazos Co. Land is getting expensive everywhere. We’ve been in the B/CS area for 10 years now and at our current house for just over seven. We have a few acres and also homeschool. Neighbors behind us have a few more kids than us and a few more acres than us, also homeschooled.

Not many ranges out here, a few on the outskirts, a little disappointing from what I had hoped.

Finding a GOOD church was also not very easy, think we might have figured that one out finally for the most part.

A nice area but growing rapidly. Too rapidly.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Shoot for 10+ acres and go for the Ag exemption. I'm no expert.

Start here
    Thanks for that link, I haven't seen it before.

Texas is kinda becoming a land grab sorta speak. You buy what you find before you need it. It's skyrocketing in price is the main reason mostly due to the influx of California, NewYork and Places like New Jersey. People with cash. Houses sell within weeks where I'm at and acreage is all being bought up by Developers.. act fast!
    Developers are being to satisfy the housing need, which hasn't been met since before 2008 in Texas!
    Rural land, unfortunately, is skyrocketing in price and still increasing despite the interest rate hikes. And so many people are building rural homesteads that most reputable water well drillers are booked 3-6 months out right now.
    I just hope I can afford something soon!

Eli

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    As others said, bring a fat wallet. We used to have 5 acres with live, spring fed water off FM2000 outside of Caldwell. In the late 80s, it was affordable and had the Corps of Cadets allowed me to live off-campus, I would have been an Aggie.

Sold that place in 1993 for $9K after pulling electric, drilling a well, and putting in a septic system. Now it’s appraised at $238K in the same condition.

Top Bottom