• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

My late Dad began before D-Day as a USAAC Civilian contract flight instructor, teaching basic flying & aerobatics to Canadians volunteering for the RCAF in the late 1930’s. Dad’s prior education was as an Electrical Engineer @ LSU.

Once the US was at War, he did the same for Americans as a ‘’Flying Sergeant’’ @ Hondo & San Antonio. Then, he was ordered to train (Troop) ‘’Glider Pilots’’. Afterwards, off to OCS, Command School & the War Intelligence College.

Assigned to a USAAC Fighter Group, as group Intelligence Officer Lieutenant, to England, then the ETO. None of Dad’s War tales involved his main duties as such. Nor of any personal heroism. One of the more interesting is my topic here, as it conflicts with current ‘’History’’, and is unique.

After advancing hopscotch behind lines and entering Germany proper in later 1944, his Colonel ordered him to commandeer a large home/mansion for temporary use as HQ. Dad spoke French & English, but no German.

His knock on the door was met by a liveried servant & he quickly ascertained that he must speak with the owner.

After a brief wait, a small elderly man came out, took one look at Dad, and exclaimed in English: ’’Son, come in here, please; I’m so glad to see you!’’

Dad, thinking a misunderstanding, told the fellow: ’’Sir, you misundestand; I am an American Officer and am here to take over your home.’’

The immediate reply was: ‘’No, I understand fully. To my knowledge, I am the ONLY free-living Jew in NAZI Germany. The GESTAPO has known about me the entire time, but a powerful dear Friend, Alfred Krupps, has kept them away from me. I knew to expect that knock on my door; it would either be GESTAPO to arrest me, or you to liberate me. So, I AM very GLAD to see you!’’.

He invited Dad to take the home, then showed his stables which contained a big MB sedan, a late model U S Hudson convertible w/ leather interior, and a JEEP-like utility car. GrandPa was a Hudson Dealer back in LA, so Dad borrowed the Hudson while there. There was no gas, but the Army provided a bit.

The old Gent had buried a lot of good liquor & foods on his estate, & invited Dad for supper several times. Dad told of unique & interesting conversations evenings. The Guy wanted to hear ‘’news’’ of the outside World.

I try to record this; as in all my readings, it is unique and I got it first-hand. Many have refused to believe it, but it is true.

Post-War, several of Dad’s Comrades stayed in and were all Generals by the time I was old enough to understand their tales. They recalled this event & many others while drinking whiskey around our home’s kitchen table.

leVieux
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    <>

My late Dad began before D-Day as a USAAC Civilian contract flight instructor, teaching basic flying & aerobatics to Canadians volunteering for the RCAF in the late 1930’s. Dad’s prior education was as an Electrical Engineer @ LSU.

Once the US was at War, he did the same for Americans as a ‘’Flying Sergeant’’ @ Hondo & San Antonio. Then, he was ordered to train (Troop) ‘’Glider Pilots’’. Afterwards, off to OCS, Command School & the War Intelligence College.

Assigned to a USAAC Fighter Group, as group Intelligence Officer Lieutenant, to England, then the ETO. None of Dad’s War tales involved his main duties as such. Nor of any personal heroism. One of the more interesting is my topic here, as it conflicts with current ‘’History’’, and is unique.

After advancing hopscotch behind lines and entering Germany proper in later 1944, his Colonel ordered him to commandeer a large home/mansion for temporary use as HQ. Dad spoke French & English, but no German.

His knock on the door was met by a liveried servant & he quickly ascertained that he must speak with the owner.

After a brief wait, a small elderly man came out, took one look at Dad, and exclaimed in English: ’’Son, come in here, please; I’m so glad to see you!’’

Dad, thinking a misunderstanding, told the fellow: ’’Sir, you misundestand; I am an American Officer and am here to take over your home.’’

The immediate reply was: ‘’No, I understand fully. To my knowledge, I am the ONLY free-living Jew in NAZI Germany. The GESTAPO has known about me the entire time, but a powerful dear Friend, Alfred Krupps, has kept them away from me. I knew to expect that knock on my door; it would either be GESTAPO to arrest me, or you to liberate me. So, I AM very GLAD to see you!’’.

He invited Dad to take the home, then showed his stables which contained a big MB sedan, a late model U S Hudson convertible w/ leather interior, and a JEEP-like utility car. GrandPa was a Hudson Dealer back in LA, so Dad borrowed the Hudson while there. There was no gas, but the Army provided a bit.

The old Gent had buried a lot of good liquor & foods on his estate, & invited Dad for supper several times. Dad told of unique & interesting conversations evenings. The Guy wanted to hear ‘’news’’ of the outside World.

I try to record this; as in all my readings, it is unique and I got it first-hand. Many have refused to believe it, but it is true.

Post-War, several of Dad’s Comrades stayed in and were all Generals by the time I was old enough to understand their tales. They recalled this event & many others while drinking whiskey around our home’s kitchen table.

leVieux
    What part of "history" are you trying to refute? What conflicts with "current history"?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    When my son had history class in high school, their book didn't have a chapter on WWII. Instead, it was "Life During WWII". Seems that the important thing wasn't that the Nazis were defeated and the Holocaust stopped, nor that many brave men sacrificed their lives to stop these monsters, nor that Japan wouldn't surrender until we dropped atomic bombs. No, the important thing was that while the menfolk were off doing whatever stuff they do, the women and minorities were hired to work in factories, and because of that THEY FELT BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES.

So even while you try to get a bit of history recorded, be aware that forces are out there erasing history and substituting the agenda they want future generations to believe.

I weep for the future.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    <>

leVieux
    Nice story. Hats off to your Dad. Now we can sit back and watch the miserable haters jump in with their predictable negativity.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Well the only Alfie Krupp in a position of power at that time was this guy:

Yes, ITS.

Kruppstahl was a very old steel, armor, & machinery long before 1944.

leVieux
    When my son had history class in high school, their book didn't have a chapter on WWII. Instead, it was "Life During WWII". Seems that the important thing wasn't that the Nazis were defeated and the Holocaust stopped, nor that many brave men sacrificed their lives to stop these monsters, nor that Japan wouldn't surrender until we dropped atomic bombs. No, the important thing was that while the menfolk were off doing whatever stuff they do, the women and minorities were hired to work in factories, and because of that THEY FELT BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES.

So even while you try to get a bit of history recorded, be aware that forces are out there erasing history and substituting the agenda they want future generations to believe.

I weep for the future.
    <>

Yes, exactly !

And a major reason for folks like us to record WHAT WE KNOW.

I was about 55 or 60, in a very different academic area, when I realized that what we all had been taught about the U S “Civil War” couldn’t possibly be accurate.

I began a decades long individual study. Early-on, I was warned by Historians to not try to understand from the writings of others, who were all biased; but to study any & all ORIGINAL documents.

I began with visits to museums in Charleston & New Orleans, Fort Sumter, etc. As I did this for my own purposes, no records were kept.

Of thousands of Confederate notes, letters, military orders, news items, etc. I found the topic of “Slavery” mentioned but twice; one in the infamous S C secession document, and the other in a letter from a Father away at war telling his Son in LA to release / emancipate their two slaves.

Today, I tell interested folks to do two things, neither affected by any “CSA Apologist”:

1) Look at the location of Fort Sumter and read the recorded communications b/t Beauregard & the Fort’s Commander.

2) Read ALL of Lincoln’s speeches, but in chronological order and read them completely.

We ALL have been deceived by “revisionists” about EVERYTHING. The politically-induced “confusion” amongst today’s Young is both intentional and was a long time in building.

Look around today; we swim in a great sea of LIES. Political, current events, historical, advertising, economic, climatological, etc. EVERYTHING is LIES !

If we are to save our Republic and its culture; we must lead a brutal return to Eternal TRUTH, as in Biblical, and of Judeo-Christian Ethic TRUTH, accurate History, refutation of climate nonsense, and radical reformation of our news media.

Is this possible? Quien sabe ?

BUT, we must TRY, it is our DUTY to our descendants and to the future. Not to mention our GOD.

leVieux

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Great story, thanks for sharing.

Here's a newspaper article on my Dad's war story, from the Bryan Daily Eagle, which ran a series called "Brazos Valley Heroes" on local WWII Vets some years back.

Attachments

• HJC-WWII-Okinawa.pdf
      1.7 MB · Views: 65

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My Dad was a WWII Navy veteran. Non-combatant role. Repaired ships.
    He never really talked about it much. He often times said, "I didn't do anything special."
    He went into the Navy in early summer of '44. Was out by early '46.
    One day in 2016, totally out of the blue, he gets a phone call. It is a man he served with. Hadn't seen or heard of him since 1945. This man had returned to his home in Connecticut. Spent his life there. He wanted to reconnect with his fellow sailors.
    Found Dad via an internet search(Dad had a very untypical name). Found his phone number and called him up. Dad was quite touched.
    For a few weeks there Dad's memories came flowing out. It was pretty neat to hear of his Navy time. He was in Shanghai most of the time. Had a chinese girlfriend too. This irriritated Mother no end. Hahaha.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Of thousands of Confederate notes, letters, military orders, news items, etc. I found the topic of “Slavery” mentioned but twice; one in the infamous S C secession document, and the other in a letter from a Father away at war telling his Son in LA to release / emancipate their two slaves.
    1680889334425.png

South Carolina

Articles of secession, adopted December 24, 1860.
    The right of property in slaves was recognized by giving to free persons distinct political rights, by giving them the right to represent, and burthening them with direct taxes for three-fifths of their slaves; by authorizing the importation of slaves for twenty years; and by stipulating for the rendition of fugitives from labor.

“We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States.

Mississippi

Ordinance of Secession adopted January 9, 1861
    “Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery – the greatest material interest of the world.

Alabama​

Ordinance of Secession adopted January 11 , 1861

No articles of secession available, but from the Ordinance of Secession:
    "...hostile to the domestic institutions..."

Georgia

Ordinance of Secession adopted January 19, 1861

The Georgia Declaration (articles) of Secession presents a detailed history of the growth of the anti-slavery movement as the central justification for secession.
    For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slaveholding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery.

Texas​

Ordinance of Secession February 23, 1861, popular vote 46,153 in favor, 14,747 against.
    an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery,
    ...negro slavery...

Virginia​

Ordinance of Secession adopted by convention April 17, 1861
    ...the oppression of the Southern slave-holding States.”

And so forth...​

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    View attachment 381815

South Carolina

Articles of secession, adopted December 24, 1860.
    The right of property in slaves was recognized by giving to free persons distinct political rights, by giving them the right to represent, and burthening them with direct taxes for three-fifths of their slaves; by authorizing the importation of slaves for twenty years; and by stipulating for the rendition of fugitives from labor.

“We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States.

Mississippi

Ordinance of Secession adopted January 9, 1861
    “Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery – the greatest material interest of the world.

Alabama​

Ordinance of Secession adopted January 11 , 1861

No articles of secession available, but from the Ordinance of Secession:
    "...hostile to the domestic institutions..."

Georgia

Ordinance of Secession adopted January 19, 1861

The Georgia Declaration (articles) of Secession presents a detailed history of the growth of the anti-slavery movement as the central justification for secession.
    For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slaveholding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery.

Texas​

Ordinance of Secession February 23, 1861, popular vote 46,153 in favor, 14,747 against.
    an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery,
    ...negro slavery...

Virginia​

Ordinance of Secession adopted by convention April 17, 1861
    ...the oppression of the Southern slave-holding States.”

And so forth...​

<>

I was reading mostly private notes from individuals. I had/have little interest in battles, tactics, movements, official politics, or personalities.

I sought reasons which drove individuals to fight. I saw the S C Secession documents in a museum @ Charleston.

My comments were meant to illustrate how badly WE all have been deceived by recorded “History”.

I don’t claim to be any authority on the Civil War, nor on WWII.

leVieux

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

I weep for the future.
    <>

Yes, of my 10 GK’s, several of them “highly educated” MD’s & Engineers, not only don’t know; but flat-out refuse to even listen to the TRUTH !

One, now a MD @ Baylor Med in Houston, actually told me this: “PawPaw, my mind is already made up on that, and I dont need to hear about it from you!”

Another, about to become a MD @ Baylor, told me this: “Don’t worry; Marxism won’t be so bad, you’ll see.”

Neither had ever held a job, balanced a budget, run a business, payed taxes, raised a child, etc. But, they “KNEW better” !

leVieux

Last edited:

Maxrobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Nashua, new Hampshire
    Just a few years ago, I decided to write out my Dad's WW2 military history. I have some papers and using the internet fleshed out the story. I included as many of the anectdotes he told me or told others in my presence.
    My nephews and my sisters really appreciated it as they might have heard a story or two, but there were things they had not known.
    For example, as a bombsight and auto pilot technician on B-29s here in the States he was asked to go to a crash site and recover the Norden Bomb sight. There, he followed a debris path in a wheatfield to find a human torso. The first 13 flights he made in B-29s - they did not land with all four engines running.
    Many other bits were compiled and put in context.
    I recommend any and all of you to do the same - gather and save those tales and bits of history. Tempus Fugit.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    My dad was a bombardier but never made it to being deployed overseas. He trained and then taught it using the Norden bombsight. That and gunnery.

At some point in early 1945, he was training and picking a crew for a B-29 deployment to the Pacific and was involved in an AT-11 crash that caused injuries that ended his military career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I’m old enough to recall early post-War, when the returned Veterans didn’t want to talk about their experiences. Then around the mid 1950’s, they loosened-up and began telling of their experiences. I remember sitting on the floor of a hotel lobby bar to listen to Dad, my Uncles, and several other local Veterans exchanging “war stories”.

One evening, I got to hear, first-person, details of the Bataan “Death March”. Another Friend “flew the hump” into China multiple times. 3 of my 4 Uncles served in the USN, and 2 were in fleet actions in which nearby ships were sunk by Kamikazes. An older hunting Buddy shot a surrendering Jap when the Jap reached for a concealed grenade.

Those tales fascinated me as a child & teen. Still do.

One day, I went to pick-up a girl I was dating but she wasn’t ready; parked me to wait with her Hero Dad who was watching a game on TV with a Scotch highball. During a break, I asked him if he had any “war stories” and he told an epic tale. As a Marine rifleman on a Pacific Island, in a “foxhole”, a Jap with a big knife jumped in; he grabbed the knife by the blade to deflect it & wound-up losing hand function permanently. He awoke hours later with the dead Jap on top of him, his USMC K-Bar fully embedded in the Jap’s chest. Dad said he had no memory of the fight. But, things got worse. Twice he was loaded onto a C47 Medic Evac plane but was removed in favor of more seriously injured Marines. Then, as he watched, both C47’s took off, but were shot down by Zeroes while still in sight. He was last on the third plane, but refused to go. He said the USMC Major told him: “Get on this plane, or I’m going to shoot you right here”, with drawn .45. He made it so safety and was considered one of our area’s great War Heroes.

leVieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom