• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If someone runs me off the road, stops, and moves aggressively toward me, I'll probably shoot them. If they don't stop, I'll just shoot their car. :banana:

///////////////////////////
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /

Joking, of course! :green:
    Capitol Armory ad

300blk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    I am much more kind in my car now that I carry. The middle finger could end up escalating until someone is shot.

You did a lot of things wrong.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    1. You could have been patient from the start and have waited the situation out. You didn't--twice.
    2. You gave gestures calculated to express your displeasure with what you thought was being deprived of your "due". Bad move.
    3. After that, an object is thrown at your vehicle and you stopped, unassed your vehicle and assumed a confrontational posture, along with drawing your weapon. Bad moves. If the guy had been shooting at you, do you believe it would have been wise to stop or begin to GTFO? I hope your response is to put lots and lots of space between you and them.

There were at least three different times that you could have totally avoided the confrontation that happened. Are you seeing this more clearly now?

yellabret

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    Discretion is the better part of valor.

You tapped the horn, he moved. Give up the cute gestures and get on with your day. That would have avoided the entire problem.

Martial arts pose? Really?

well i guess i have just been an asshole all my life and i never let someone get the best of me, so i couldnt resist the cute gesture. had he moved the first time i would have been fine, but he was definitely sticking his thumb in my eye and i dont take real kindly to that. its a weakness. if i am still alive at 60 and havent had my ass kicked since high school despite working my way through college as a bouncer then i would say i am not quite as big of an asshole as you seem to think i am. diplomacy is the key as a bouncer and i pretty much have that down pat all my life. and seriously -- its not like i was trying to be jackie chan or bruce lee. a back stance is a very casual position, if you saw me you obviously would not even know it was a martial arts pose because you are seeing some grandiose posture in your mind, and that is far from the case. it is not anywhere close to an aggressive look, but a strong solid "stand your ground" stance from which i can use any number of defensive or offensive techniques from as may be necessary, but is not at all intimidating or inciteful to the aggressor. in fact just the opposite, they see a confident stand and no wincing and typically stand down, as they did here.

you have watched far too many silly karate movies and clearly have no concept of the real thing.

as far as all the other answers, they are all greatly appreciated. i actually talked to Texas Law Shield today and got pretty much the same feedback. been a member 2 years and have met several of the folks and they are awesome. that just goes to show there are quite a few very astute people in here. kudos!.

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    i made it that far into your story and then all i could think of was something, like this....

gunkata3_zps1tj6owcg.jpg

and then I thought you must have been trained in classes with others , like this...

gun-kata_zpscih33jik.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

my dog says Hi!
    C93443A4-4836-4CA8-A94C-4D2DA007B76E_zps5goykprt.jpg
    Man, dogs have the life!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    well i guess i have just been an $#@! all my life and i never let someone get the best of me, so i couldnt resist the cute gesture. had he moved the first time i would have been fine, but he was definitely sticking his thumb in my eye and i dont take real kindly to that. its a weakness. if i am still alive at 60 and havent had my ass kicked since high school despite working my way through college as a bouncer then i would say i am not quite as big of an $#@! as you seem to think i am. diplomacy is the key as a bouncer and i pretty much have that down pat all my life. and seriously -- its not like i was trying to be jackie chan or bruce lee. a back stance is a very casual position, if you saw me you obviously would not even know it was a martial arts pose because you are seeing some grandiose posture in your mind, and that is far from the case. it is not anywhere close to an aggressive look, but a strong solid "stand your ground" stance from which i can use any number of defensive or offensive techniques from as may be necessary, but is not at all intimidating or inciteful to the aggressor. in fact just the opposite, they see a confident stand and no wincing and typically stand down, as they did here.

you have watched far too many silly karate movies and clearly have no concept of the real thing.

as far as all the other answers, they are all greatly appreciated. i actually talked to Texas Law Shield today and got pretty much the same feedback. been a member 2 years and have met several of the folks and they are awesome. that just goes to show there are quite a few very astute people in here. kudos!.

Exactly where did I say you were an @#$?

I will say you did not show good judgement.

Sticking a thumb in your eye? Really? You have to be bigger than that. Someone needs to be the adult.

Your actions could have led to someone being shot or injured. Possibly you.

Had they not backed off and you shot them. Would that have been worth it? Is a few seconds delay worth a day in custody explaining why you are justified? Plus legal fees? Plus more time? Plus knowing you could have avoided shooting someone by just showing a little maturity and patience? Plus looking over your shoulder after the guy or his family or friends promises you that they will get you someday. Or that they will take revenge on your family? You can't be 100% aware all the time and you can't be everywhere all the time. Would that have been worth it because in YOUR perception your pride took a tiny prick?

You think this is like the movies apparently. You can just shoot the bad guy and ride off into the sunset with a smile on your face and the cops thanking you? Wake up, kiddo.

What if they had worked up close to you, which is possible, and pinned the gun behind your back? Or pulled a sawed off shotgun as soon as drove into the parking lot before you had a chance to react?

If you are 60, it is way past time to grow up and show some maturity.

You may not appreciate the answer, but letting it slide was the absolute best answer.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    IMO, if you pull it out, you best be ready to pull the trigger, otherwise pulling it out wasn't the right move in the first place.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It's easy to think of situations where it's a good idea to have your weapon out and ready when you are not yet going to shoot

Such as???

Show your weapon and you set yourself up for a variety of potentially bad outcomes.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Such as???

Show your weapon and you set yourself up for a variety of potentially bad outcomes.

you hear a strange noise downstairs at 0200 and go to investigate

a road rage motorist follows you home

you encounter poachers trespassing on your property

etc

Top Bottom