• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    I'm in the market for a WASR 10/63. Due to their notorious variation in quality, I would like to have to largest selection to choose from. My local shop in Waco only has 2 underfolders. Is there a shop around Dallas or Austin that has plenty to choose from? If you own one, where did you buy it, did you get a good deal, and are you satisfied with it?

Thank you,

Kevin
    Hurley's Gold

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    Define "plenty".

I bought mine from my LGS ( John's Guns in Bastrop ). He has 5 there now I believe and mine was in great shape with no issues.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Houston
    I always buy from gunbroker and I have bout both from sovereign guns they have good customer service and low prices

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Define "plenty".

I bought mine from my LGS ( John's Guns in Bastrop ). He has 5 there now I believe and mine was in great shape with no issues.

5 is plenty. I camped at Bastrop state park not too long ago. It's sad what the wild fires did to it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Which gunshops have you tried in Waco, I've hunted down a few there and there is also webers in temple who are sometimes pricey and every so often reasonable.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Which gunshops have you tried in Waco, I've hunted down a few there and there is also webers in temple who are sometimes pricey and every so often reasonable.

Just Praco Gun and Pawn. There's another place that has one by Katie's Frozen Custard on Valley Mills, but its a POS.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Haven't been in guns R us yet cause there hrs suck, my dad went by to pick up some parts I had ordered and said their selection is great. I know from phone conversations the younger guy(mike I believe) is the one to deal with.

It's on the corner of bosque and hwy 6, one the west side. Shopping center on top of a big hill.

There hrs suck but if you google them there's a number, you could call and see what they got before making time to get over there to look.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Haven't been in guns R us yet cause there hrs suck, my dad went by to pick up some parts I had ordered and said their selection is great. I know from phone conversations the younger guy(mike I believe) is the one to deal with.

It's on the corner of bosque and hwy 6, one the west side. Shopping center on top of a big hill.

There hrs suck but if you google them there's a number, you could call and see what they got before making time to get over there to look.

Thanks man! I've never been there, and will go check it out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks man! I've never been there, and will go check it out.

Let me know what you think, Pretty sure it's the only one in the area I haven't been able to visit personally.

There is also a gun counter at the Ace Hardware in Hewitt but they are a little pricey. May have one or two though. Only place in waco Area I could find with an XDm .40

BTW, where do you go to shoot, I don't know of many ranges in the area other than CTRPC and tiger valley, one members only, not sure bout tiger valley. Not looking for one, just curious.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Let me know what you think, Pretty sure it's the only one in the area I haven't been able to visit personally.

There is also a gun counter at the Ace Hardware in Hewitt but they are a little pricey. May have one or two though. Only place in waco Area I could find with an XDm .40

BTW, where do you go to shoot, I don't know of many ranges in the area other than CTRPC and tiger valley, one members only, not sure bout tiger valley. Not looking for one, just curious.

I go to Chandler's in Valley Mills, Tx. Its about a 20-30 minute drive from Waco. It's outdoors. They have a 7 yard and 15 yard pistol range. A 30, maybe 50 (can't remember), and 100 yard rifle range, and even a small area to shoot a shotgun. Range fee is 15 dollars, which includes stapler, 5 targets, ear and eye protection (if needed).

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Bought one from ClassicArms and one from Bud's Gun Shop and zero problems with either. Actually if I had to keep one out of all others it would be one of them. Both are very reliable.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Got mine from Big Chief Pawnshop (brand new) in Comanche...A great shooter without any form of defects . Added a Mojo peep apurature rear sight, added a Tapco AR type Stock, and has a scope mount rail on L/H side so ordered a $25 scope mount and a scope. Scope is sighted in but normally in a bag under my desk, shoots very accurate at AK ranges with the Mojo Iron sight...Oh, forgot to say added one of those neat looking funnel shaped flash hiders. I love this rifle and in an emergency would grab it rather than my AR15 which also is a good rifle...But if the target or zombies was off a ways, I'd grab the extremely accurate Mosin 7.62X54R ....

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Bought one from ClassicArms and one from Bud's Gun Shop and zero problems with either. Actually if I had to keep one out of all others it would be one of them. Both are very reliable.

Thanks. I am afraid to order one of these without being able to check it out in person, but with so many people having positive testimonies, I may reconsider.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Thanks. I am afraid to order one of these without being able to check it out in person, but with so many people having positive testimonies, I may reconsider.

Why not spend just a little more and look at the offerings from Interarms (a TX company) and Atlantic Firearms? The extra step in quality assurance can mean less head aches in the future.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Why not spend just a little more and look at the offerings from Interarms (a TX company) and Atlantic Firearms? The extra step in quality assurance can mean less head aches in the future.

I see where you're coming from, and I'll check those out. How do those companies compare to Arsenal in quality and price? I'd love to support a Texas company.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I see where you're coming from, and I'll check those out. How do those companies compare to Arsenal in quality and price? I'd love to support a Texas company.
    Similar quality, usually a little less expensive than Arsenal and very good customer service. Right now the IAC 47 is sold out, but they will notify you when they're in stock. I have seen several run through classes and they have run very well. If I were looking for a plain jane AK, they are the brand I would buy. If you consider custom builds Cadillac's, these would be the Ford and Chevy's of the AK's out there.

Top Bottom