Target Sports

Watching the final World Cup match in Austin?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Herself and I were sitting at our favorite Mexican cantina watching it on TV. It was the first time she had ever sit down for more than a few minutes while soccer was on. Her comment after watching about 20 minutes and seeing the flops/dives was they were acting like a bunch of girls. She now fully understands why it will never catch on in the US, it's a game full of crybaby $#@!. By the time the game was over, she had moved to the patio and was reading her kindle as I finished up the last of a bunch of drinks inside.
    Besides, we all know real men play Rugby. Rugby: Greatest Hits!! - YouTube

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    She now fully understands why it will never catch on in the US, it's a game full of crybaby pussies.

You are very mistaken. It is and will continue catching on in the US. The number of children playing the game is growing rapidly. That means that more parents will watch and more children will watch when they get older.

And those men are crybabies (the flops and crying about the calls is definitely annoying and a very legitimate complaint), but a far cry from pussies.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Mic;1011995[B said:
    ]You are very mistaken. It is and will continue catching on in the US. The number of children playing the game is growing rapidly. That means that more parents will watch and more children will watch when they get older.
    [/B]
    And those men are crybabies (the flops and crying about the calls is definitely annoying and a very legitimate complaint), but a far cry from $#@!.

"They've" been saying that for over two decades. It will likely grow(as it has since the '90s); but unless it gets a marketing machine behind it(think NASCAR), it will be just another sport on a long list.

Now....if they add two more goals and another ball.... ;)

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I coached 7 year-olds playing soccer 35 years ago. It's never going to catch on. It's a great game for young people to get exercise, learn sportsmanship and teamwork, and you don't need a lot of fancy equipment. After that, not so much.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I coached 7 year-olds playing soccer 35 years ago. It's never going to catch on. It's a great game for young people to get exercise, learn sportsmanship and teamwork, and you don't need a lot of fancy equipment. After that, not so much.

Thank you...mom drops off the kiddos, they run like crazy and get tired...perfect time for mom to squeeze in a tennis lesson ;)

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    2a High School don't play it around here. Only one 3a does.
    I coached it too. 20 years ago. I ain't gained any traction since then.

Top Bottom