• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Anyone here have some knowledge about submersible water well pumps?
    I had to pull mine to fix a split in a fitting on the downpipe, it is still working but the pump has a manufacture date of 1989, so I'm thinking about replacing because of age (preventive maintenance?) and because I already have everything dug up Looking for some info on good brands.
    Target Sports

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Bear in mind that the gpm rating is dependent on both the well depth and the pump discharge pressure you set. If you run at 40-60 psi your flow will be less than @ 30-50 psi.....

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Bear in mind that the gpm rating is dependent on both the well depth and the pump discharge pressure you set. If you run at 40-60 psi your flow will be less than @ 30-50 psi.....

Very true. I still don't understand all I know about the pumps though. I only have about 20 feet vertical distance from pump to house level---then about 150' horizontal pipe from pump to house, then of course all the other piping (sprinklers, ect)
    I do run 40/60 pressure switch. All in all I think about 75 to 100' of head/ft.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There's 2.3 ft head per psi, so @ 40 psi, that's 92' plus the 20' - that's 112'. Now, you gotta factor in how deep the pump is in the ground...

The 150' head pressure will depend on factors such as pipe size and desired flow rate. Generally speaking, square the diameter of the pipe, multiply by 20, and that'll give you the peak flow rate @ 15 psi delta.

But....I don't know much about this stuff......<SEG>

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    <br> <br>
    Very true. I still don't understand all I know about the pumps though. I only have about 20 feet vertical distance from pump to house level---then about 150' horizontal pipe from pump to house, then of course all the other piping (sprinklers, ect)<br>
    I do run 40/60 pressure switch. All in all I think about 75 to 100' of head/ft.

Top Bottom