• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Well today my wife qualified for her CHL and that makes it complete. I recieved mine 12 years ago, both sons last year and now my wife. I am so proud of her. I picked her up a Walther PK-380 for Christmas this year. She had been fondling one in my buddies gunshop and she took it and qualified with a 225 on her range test and aced her written test. We will complete the paperwork tomorrow and it's off to the mail headed to Austin on Monday. I pity the poor fool that would try to carjack us when we are together traveling.

How many of you have all family members carrying CHL's??

tex
    Gun Zone Deals

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I'm still working on my wife. My boys want one, but they are 16, 14, and 8, so it'll be a while. I did promise my oldest a 1911 when he finishes college.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    congrats TEX45ACP, My wife and I took our CHL class together, carry together, train together. I bet we shot up over 500 rounds Sunday alone.

austex58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    My wife, my son and I took our CHL class together last March. We all have our plastic and carry.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I would have loved to have taken my CHL with my family, but my sons were too young at the time I took my class and my wife was concentrating on raising them. When old enough, my sons were attending college in different parts of the state and both working as well, and we were trying to get together, so I could do my last renewal while they were attending the class. Time was running out for my renewal, so I went ahead and completed the it. The sons were able to get together for a class about 4 months later. I was there to rejoice in their completion as I was with my wife. My family & I feel it is our moral obligation to be able to protect those we love from evil in the world we live in today. We simply cannot depend on our over worked and underpaid law enforcement community to be there when the bad things happen.

krull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    The Woodlands, TX
    I took the class with some co-workers, my wife wasn't interested at the time. Recently there have been several incidents of robbery around where we live and and now wants to take the class. Right now we are figuring out a gun she is comfortable with. I will definitely check out the Walther PK-380, but I was thinking about a 9mm.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Congrats.

My parents are not so much anti as they are "hows this work again?" My mom has said she wants a gun but I think shes just amusing herself because she wont go to the range and shoot any of mine. My dad has shot my USP, but had really bad form and was a little afraid of it. Hes an older gent.
    My older brother is DPS in Harris but doesnt carry off duty. He says he probably should though. His wife got liscensed, years ago after being mugged twice but has since expired.
    My sister and her hubs do not, she is anti and he is too pansy to oppose her.
    My twin brother is a CAI at Lackland, has a 19 he takes to work everyso often to plink at the range, but doesnt yet have his license. But says hes going to.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    My wife has hers...kids aren't old enough but my 13 y.o son will get his the day he legally can...he LOVES to shoot. I am lucky that my wife is as PRO 2A as I am and has never questioned a gun purchase/trade. While I dont need the CHL to carry, I got mine to expedite gun purchases.

Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    The wife and I and another couple take our class on Feb 27th! Its going to be tough waiting for my plastic to come in the mail! I think it will compare to when I was 16 and my mom let me get a subscription to playboy, I couldnt WAIT for it to come in the mail LoL

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    My better half carrying her trusty little S.A. Micro Compact 1911. We've had our CHL's for almost four years. Mine is up for renewal (May, 2010) and hers in Dec. 2010.
    JuanitaArmedandDangerous2-13-10001.jpg

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Not for at least another month, but my baby girl has already asked if she can borrow a pistol for the range qualification next month when she takes her class.

My better half carrying her trusty little S.A. Micro Compact 1911.

I've never really cared for anything with less than a 4" barrel, but those little SA's sure do look nice. How does she like it? Any issues or problems? How hard is the kick compared to a full size? Compared to a lightweight commander?

Top Bottom