DK Firearms

We Need Adjustments to the Classified Ads Section!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, this has not only happened to me but a few others on here, so I am suggesting the following additions to the Rules of Posting Classified Ads.

First, cross-posting on other forums or listing items that are listed elsewhere should not be allowed. Too often someone on here makes contact with the seller only to find the item was sold someplace else and there is no mention of that fact in the thread on here. Sorry if that constrains anyone, but if you're going to offer an item for sale on here than you should at least give those who may want to buy it the opportunity to do so. If there is no interest in it, then close out the add and offer it somewhere else. I think that is fair and reasonable, and there should be no problem with anyone agreeing to that stipulation.

Secondly, responses should only be made by posting in the ad thread. No listing of emails, PMs or phone numbers; the first person to post "I'll take it" gets first shot at it. Too many times the first person to respond finds out that someone else sent a PM or contacted the seller through some other means without anyone's knowledge. It also means no one knows who was the first to reply. By limiting it to posting in the ad thread, then there's no doubt as to who was the first to respond and gets first shot at the item.

I think both are reasonable requests, and will greatly help reduce the amount of frustration I and several others have had on here when trying to buy an item listed in the classifieds. I would much rather have less ads posted with the knowledge that it is a fair system than to continue on with the aggravating cases of having an items sold sold out from under you or some other action.

I welcome any other suggestions folks may have to approve the classified ads section of this forum as well, or any thoughts on the above.

Cheers! M2
    DK Firearms

Top Bottom