• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Seems odd to start an all new forum unless there was some sort of functionality that you wanted. I can't imagine this is a gold mine like founding Google or something.

Maybe he just REALLY didn't like the new software!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    So D took off to start another forum just like this one? I guess I'm missing something. Was there a difference of opinion somewhere? I guess congrats should be in order. I guess.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Judging by his post count, I didn't know he had any other interests. Hehehe

Well, good luck DCortez. Maybe someday we can find out what is really going on.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    DCortez did leave to start a similar forum, but he wants the new forum to focus on group get togethers. His goal is "to introduce friends, family, and the next generation of Texans, to gun ownership", with the main focus being on meet and greets/shoots. He still likes TGT, but he wants a more hands on Administrative roll without the risk of having a falling out and then losing what he worked so hard on. Let's face it, if you work hard on something, you want ownership of it. However, out of respect for Alan and TGT he's not signing on here to try and snag a bunch of TGT'ers from the site by shamelessly advertising. Besides, sometimes its fun to just try and do something on your own...right?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I don't think anyone has a problem with that. Nothing like building from the ground up to get a real sense of pride in something.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I guess with his history here, it would be nice to see the two websites with links to each other. The gun community is kind of built on relationships like that. But, something like that is up to others to decide on. Not really any of my business, I guess.

I wish him well and hopes he visits us here from time to time.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I agree, but I think he doesn't want to get in a possible territory match. Perhaps after it is more established, they will be linked together. Both DC and Alan know what's up and they will link up if/when they feel they're ready, I'm sure.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    There aren't any from DC, I have not spoken to Alan as of yet so I can't say his opinion, but I would not imagine there are any from his side either. But if one site starts stealing all the active members away, there would be the potential for hard feelings.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    There is plenty of room on the interwebz for a large number of forums. There are a zillion now. Why not have a zillion and one?

I've spoken with Alan on this matter and I don't think he or DC have any bad blood here. Both just want to have their own place. Strong minded people want to be in control of their domain. Alan has worked really hard to create this one. DC will have the same mountain to climb to create his. Out of respect for both of them, I'd think the correct path would be to respect them both and continue trying to strengthen us as a group of Texas gun owners and enthusiasts.

Top Bottom