Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1661486239732.png

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Definitely amazing how far performance has come.
    14.16 @ 96.15 mph for the '66 vs. 10.80's @ 124 for a new Hellcat.
    Even the base v6 will do a 6.9 second 0-60 and the quarter in the 15's.

For the '66 - was that the time back in '66 or current day? Reason I ask is tires...tires back then were not like they are today as far as grip and such. Just curious. It is absolutely amazing how fast the current cars are though along with the mileage they get along with the comfort!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    For the '66 - was that the time back in '66 or current day? Reason I ask is tires...tires back then were not like they are today as far as grip and such. Just curious. It is absolutely amazing how fast the current cars are though along with the mileage they get along with the comfort!
    I think tires in the mid 1960's are no where tire technology is currently. Electronics and fuel injection just didn't exist back then either, that contribute to performance and fuel efficiency that current vehicles have.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Not sure, but not like it would matter. Look at the MPH.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Wouldn't surprise me if the 60 foot was 2.0 or even a little higher. MPH is the indicator of the power available, ET is the indicator of the ability to use that power. Even spinning you'll end up with a similar, often higher trap speed. Well, unless you try to draw the worlds longest 11 down the 1320' I suppose ;) That ET/MPH is consistent with what I've seen from cars with similar performance (e.g. Stock Fox Mustang 5.0 on radials) so I'm thinking it was legit.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Wouldn't surprise me if the 60 foot was 2.0 or even a little higher. MPH is the indicator of the power available, ET is the indicator of the ability to use that power. Even spinning you'll end up with a similar, often higher trap speed. Well, unless you try to draw the worlds longest 11 down the 1320' I suppose ;) That ET/MPH is consistent with what I've seen from cars with similar performance (e.g. Stock Fox Mustang 5.0 on radials) so I'm thinking it was legit.

Either way, I say that we do some "scientific testing" and get some slicks (heck, I'll pay for the slicks and track time!!) and see what an old hemi charger can do...now where is that old hemi? LOL!!

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I'm down for doing research. A LOT of research. Even if I'm going slower, I'd be grinning the whole way.

That'd be fun, fore sure!! Been years since I've hit the drag strip, used to do it literally every weekend in late high school / early college.

Top Bottom