• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some dumbschnitt PHD at a California University published a study that says Daylight Savings Time costs more per household because the use of electricity for air conditioning goes up during DST.

What a dumb a$$. He lives in a climate where few people use air conditioning or whole house heating. Here in Texas, we pay plenty, no matter DST or Central Standard Time ... when it gets hot, it is still over 90 degrees after 10:00 pm.

Time for college professors to move to another part of the country every two years!

True. Living in the desert, it's HOT in the summer and COLD in the winter. It doesn't make a damned bit of difference what time is noted on the clock. When it's been 110º during the day, it doesn't matter if the clock says 1 AM or 2 AM, it'll STILL be 99º outside your door. Same for the winter. 1 AM or 2 AM it's going to be below freezing no matter what time it is.

The economics angle always cracks me up. "It's to increase production" is one of the reasons I've heard for DST. But you never hear just how much production is lost due to employees either not setting their clocks forward or not being aware of DST and they come in an hour late. That's one hour of production lost!
    Guns International

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    True. Living in the desert, it's HOT in the summer and COLD in the winter. It doesn't make a damned bit of difference what time is noted on the clock. When it's been 110º during the day, it doesn't matter if the clock says 1 AM or 2 AM, it'll STILL be 99º outside your door. Same for the winter. 1 AM or 2 AM it's going to be below freezing no matter what time it is.

The economics angle always cracks me up. "It's to increase production" is one of the reasons I've heard for DST. But you never hear just how much production is lost due to employees either not setting their clocks forward or not being aware of DST and they come in an hour late. That's one hour of production lost!

I've been paying attention at work this year. Everybody is off their game this week, including me. Monday felt like a hangover, but I didn't drink at all on the weekend.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I woke up exactly 1 hr late tho morning, and my alarms were set.

I still can't get to sleep until an hour later either.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I woke up exactly 1 hr late tho morning, and my alarms were set.

I still can't get to sleep until an hour later either.

Having the same problem. I'm tired all day, pissed off all day, can't fall asleep on time, can't wake up on time, hungry at the wrong time...

Why do we do this stupid shit to ourselves!?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My temper has been a little short. Tried to blow off some steam when I got home so I did a little shooting and shot the grouping was the worst I've done since getting the rifle.

Can I blame that on the time change too?

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The comments about being irritable or not being able to sleep is another reason we do not need DST. Your internal clock (circadian) is basically set by your daily routine. When that routine is disrupted (by something idiotic....like DST), it takes time to readjust your circadian rhythm. It's like jet lag. You travel from one time zone to another and the time change throws you into disarray. You're not at the top of your "game" until your circadian rhythm is reset. There have been past studies that showed increased incidents of accidents occurring after DST, yet you really never hear about them. For business travelers, jet lag is something they know and many have ways to combat it. But for those of us who don't travel for business, time changes screw us over....mentally and physically.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just more northern oppression of the south. They want to save heating oil money in the winter, so they make us pay more to cool ourselves in the summer ;)

Honestly, I like DST... They need to get rid of "standard" time instead. The transition is mildly annoying, but it has never really bothered me that much. Some days I have to get up early for some BS meeting or something so my schedule is always fluctuating.

Top Bottom