• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Katy, TX
    I got spoiled going up to my brothers in Conroe whenever I wanted to shoot but that isn't an option anymore since he moved. When my dad came down a couple of weeks ago I took him and the fam to Tactical Firearms which was okay. I haven't shot at ASC and have heard both positive and negatives from acquaintenances who have shot there. What ranges do y'all on the West side of town shoot at and is there any interest in a Meet and Greet/Range Date this month or the next?
    Capitol Armory ad

loumaag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2013
    Katy, TX
    I am a Tactical Firearms fan. The folks are just plain nice and pretty accommodating. Not to mention having a pretty nice store attached to the range is nice.

As for the meet & greet, it would depend on when and where, weekends (which are usually best for the majority) seldom works for me.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm up close to Hot Wells, so that's where I tend to go simply due to proximity. I'm aching to go shoot in a less 'structured' environment though, like being able to setup 2 liters, bags of flour, stuff like that. Stinks that I don't have any friends or family with acreage.

I've shot at ASC a long time ago (used to live in Katy), and it was pretty uneventful. Everyone seemed polite and professional to me, and no more of the amateur scares than any other range. ;)

FWIW I'd be down for a meet n' greet though.

itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Katy, TX
    Tactical was ok but the range is only 25 yards? and they won't let me pick up my own brass. My wife and daughter like shooting outdoors much more as the noise gets amplified indoors. I do like the fact they don't charge per gun though. I have shipped all my FFL orders to Tactical the last couple of years because they have had the cheapest transfer fee in the area. Maybe we just have a little meet and greet at a watering hole somewhere in the Katy/Cinco area and then pick a range at that time?

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I go to ASC. Get a membership and shoot free any time you want.
    Drop me a line when you go, and I might come and join in. Just let me know rifle or pistol.... Shotguns are for liberals <jj>

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Count me in. I have been going to ASC a lot lately b/c I have been shooting predominately rifles. It ain't the Taj Mahal or air conditioned, but it serves it's purpose. It is also the least expensive. $15 for all day as opposed to $20/hour at Tactical.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    I would be up for pretty much any Sunday meet. I have enjoyed shooting with you guys in the past. I cant make Saturday meets though.

rhipsher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    Hello neighbors. I live right across the street from Tactical right behind the HEB. I just bought my first assault rifle from them last Friday. They were nice to deal with. I go to ASC to shoot. It's so close to the house.

Top Bottom