Capitol Armory ad

What’s the big deal with Big Daddy Unlimited?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I’ve heard of the website on a lot of shows. I checked it out and you gotta pay to enter the website. Does anyone on here shop from there? Worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Big Daddy Unlimited represents several manufacturers. We ship from multiple warehouses, as well as direct from the manufacturer. Therefore, multi-product orders may arrive in multiple packages from various points of origin.

I'm going to say all they are is a drop shipper and not really all that different from any of the gun related search engines out there in the sense that all they do is list an item. Is it worth $10 a month? Maybe, maybe not.

The fact that the sample sales they list, which I would expect to be some of their better ones since they are using them to showcase their service, don't seem all that great. It also looks like the price they are comparing their price too are also more in line with the big box stores (Academy/Cabelas, etc...) and generally not what I would say or post as a good deal.

Also, without knowing their shipping fees and if they tax (I assume they do) they could be well over some of the smaller operations out there that will offer free/reduced shipping and not charge tax from time to time.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Membership at Target Sports USA for ammo is a good deal if you buy much ammo. I bought a gun from Bid Daddy's before they had the membership deal. They later tried to get me to sign up for the membership but I never thought it was worth it.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I don’t know if big daddy unlimited does this, but the quickest way for a store to lose my business is to advertise sale prices based off MSRP. Field and stream did this all the time (the reason I stopped shopping there before Florida shooting happened)
    Would advertise a 25% off sale but the price you pay is the same at any other store without a sale...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I found the secret to getting good prices on guns... I got my spouse to take a job at a sporting goods store that sells guns. They give spouses the employee pricing. Depending on the gun it can be great, or meh - depends on their markup. Std employee pricing is wholesale + 10% some guns have such a thin margin it amounts to about $20 off the retail some tho its a hundred bucks off.

There's also an trade organization setup for retailers that manufacturers partake in - you take online training for their products so you are more knowledgeable about them, and earn discount points. IIRC she did the Glock training and it allows her to buy a Glock a year at the LEO discount price.

So by pimping her out, we get a paycheck and a discount.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I found the secret to getting good prices on guns... I got my spouse to take a job at a sporting goods store that sells guns. They give spouses the employee pricing. Depending on the gun it can be great, or meh - depends on their markup. Std employee pricing is wholesale + 10% some guns have such a thin margin it amounts to about $20 off the retail some tho its a hundred bucks off.

There's also an trade organization setup for retailers that manufacturers partake in - you take online training for their products so you are more knowledgeable about them, and earn discount points. IIRC she did the Glock training and it allows her to buy a Glock a year at the LEO discount price.

So by pimping her out, we get a paycheck and a discount.

I’ve had friends let me use that learning discount system. Got a nice pack of Easton arrows for 30% off

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom