Guns International

What are your favorite adventurous SUVs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    It's official, I'm drooling...lol...Very nice..

Those are 35's all I have is a 2.5" budget boost to fit 35's. haven't done the gears yet, but those are the next big mod

these are 33's

P1010003.jpg

And as for "vault" I have one of these:

JK Tuffy Conceal Carry Underseat Security Drawer for Jeep Wrangler, JK

Or you can do this:
    JK Security Console for Jeep Wrangler, JK

Or if you need more space, you can do this:
    JK Security Drawer for Jeep Wrangler, JK 07

or this:
    JK Maximum Storage Trunk for Jeep Wrangler, JK

If you want good information on the Jeep JK, you can go here and peruse for a while
    JkOwners.com - The Community for Jeep JK 4x4 Owners - Powered by vBulletin

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Yes it secures to the seat bolts and there is another tab in the back where you can drill through the floor and put in another bolt

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I love XJ's!!!

Straight up trade for the Stang! LMAO...

I like the XJ, and I could do a lot with this one, but I'll probably wait til I get the Rubicon before dumping a ton of money into one.. Gonna cut the fender out, do a 4" lift, go to 33's and that's probably about it..

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Yes it secures to the seat bolts and there is another tab in the back where you can drill through the floor and put in another bolt

Sick, that did away with all of my worries, it will be my next vehicle. I would do the stereo lock, the under seat lock, the console insert and maybe the glove box one. I wonder if you can key them all the same.

What do you think of the new 290horse engine, it should run pretty good.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    I would definitely like to have more horsepower, but I heard rumors that they were reducing the HP in the new Penstar for the jeeps, there is a post on the JK Owners forum about it somewhere, you might have to search, but it still has significantly more power than the current engine. I think I'll just wait until this one is gone and do the Hemi conversion.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    The hemi conversion is pretty awesome. I dont think it really matters what they detune it to. As long as that engine can make 290 like in the grand cherokee, there should be a chip or programmer that opens it up.

I may just get the base model since I am going to change the wheels and tires anyway. Id like the rubicon axles but I really doubt I would ever need those either.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I want the 15" soft 8s:
    260397series.jpg

And these General Red Labels in 33x12
    tire-grabber-ggr-33r15.jpg

Id only let the red side be out if I end up with a red jeep.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Although I am an absolute hater of new Toyota's (and even most old ones), I do like that "Toyota 4runner trail edition"

Ditto. For an SUV type of off-road vehicle, it's pretty nice. I'd prefer the low-range of the Nissan Pathfinder, but those SUVs have a less than stellar reliability record.

I was looking at Samurais today on CL. Not too many left.

Very true. Mine's a 1987 and a keeper till she dies. I'd suggest two avenues: Ebay (where a number of good ones turn up regularly) or, if you have a private mechanic, have him keep an eye out for you as they are often tapped into the four-wheel market and know when a good Samurai turns up in your local area (that's how I got mine).

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I used to have a Bronco that I absolutely loved, but after driving my gf's Wrangler a lot, I'm a Jeep convert. We go over terrain in the Wrangler I would not have been comfortable going in my Bronco. Don't get hung up on horsepower... When the terrain gets serious, you're going to be in 4-low crawling along barely above idle.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I miss my old blue 1993 Jeep Cherokee that I had in Alaska. Of course, I had a 1993 Jeep Cherokee because that was all that I could afford as a young E-3 living in the dorms on Elmendorf AFB. I loved that it had 4WD, studded snow tires, and that my back seats folded down to give me more space to carry cargo. If I had the money I would have rather have had a Toyota 4Runner. Those things are worth their weight in gold in Alaska.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    This is from several years back. We just had the two older kids back then. We could get the four of us and camping gear for a week all packed in the Jeep (TJ).

Think I'm going to have to get a 4 door when the new Pentastar engine comes out. The
    TJ's getting a little cramped with 6 of us now

68901901_208016341179252863.jpg

8433_100241206660375_100000234871095_3498_2472178_n.jpg

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Im thinking about buying any JK and driving it until the engine is shot and going with the hemi rebuild. There are allot of people putting hemis in them lately. I would love that 7.2l beast motor!!

Top Bottom