Venture Surplus ad

What are your thoughts on the Greg Abbott for Governor campaign?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You're right.

I should probably just not make any attempt to know who is running for Supreme Court justice or commissioner of agriculture. And since it's not worth being informed, might as well pull straight democrat.
    The time for nuanced idealism is in the primary. Now is the time for pragmatism.
    Guns International

Gopher711

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just wondering how many of the ballot boxes are set to "Default" vote Democrat....no matter what Republican you voted for ....it's been done quite often in the past we've found out only too late and why is there never a re-vote once they are caught ? If the shoe was on the other foot they would be out for blood !

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    When I voted this morning...they handed me a pencil with which to poke the screen. The lady setting up my machine clicked wrong right away. I wasnt encouraged. This is what we are doing in America in 2014?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You mean, if I want to deny that there are certain republican candidates that I think are crap?

For all your talk about uneducated voters, I'm surprised at your resistance to voters educating themselves.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Or I guess instead of researching candidates I could vote straight L since I tend to be of a politically libertarian mindset. But that would cost some of the republicans I chosen their votes.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You're right.

I should probably just not make any attempt to know who is running for Supreme Court justice or commissioner of agriculture. And since it's not worth being informed, might as well pull straight democrat.

Lol, well for that I have a like minded buddy, who lawyers and he know all those guys. And we've discussed it.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You mean, if I want to deny that there are certain republican candidates that I think are crap?

For all your talk about uneducated voters, I'm surprised at your resistance to voters educating themselves.

I say we need less voters. Voters should educate themselves though and act on that especially in the primary.

Looking at the ballot this morning...I didn't see anyone to vote for other than the Republican. Do I like Sen Cornyn? Not a lot. I voted against him, in the primary. Today, I voted for him. I am educated not just on candidate positions, voting records and such but also the 2 party reality.

I love the primaries so I can make my ideological choice and vote for the most far right conservative I can. Then come the general election...I might just have to vote for someone I consider less than ideal because big picture, it is prudent.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I voted early. Generally, most of my ballot only had Rs or Ls running. Very few Ds even on the ballot. I live in a good area I guess, lol

I tend to vote L for judicial positions when it's between a L and a R. Depends if one or the other had any red flags or seemed incompetent. Wish more info was available on these positions - harder to vet than the headliners.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup.

I've been doing some serious googling trying to get the skinny on these guys.

Those that haven't updated their campaign pages with any info are written off.

Others were written off over immigration or voter ID issues.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Walked the pup past the precinct polling place a few minutes ago, which is just around the corner, a few folks were lined up outside and the parking area was full. Daughter voted earlier this afternoon and she said the same thing, a bit unusual for mid term elections.

Strange was there was not a single Wendy Davis sign in the designated areas on either side of the polling place.

A few Abbot, but many many more Sarah Davis signs than anyone else.

Top Bottom