Target Sports

What are your thoughts on the Greg Abbott for Governor campaign?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    You're funny. I already voted, so it's too late for this term. Next term, who knows?

At this point I consider the election to be between an advocate of murder and a conspirator to one. The fact neither Perry nor Abbot were interested in the very alarming evidence Texas probably executed an innocent man on their watch is shocking. The fact they both went out of their way to make sure the truth is never known is unforgivable.
    I really don't see that, very little of this occurred on Perry or Abbott's watch. I have read thru a lot of it and I don't it, the evidence against the guy and the years and years they had to turn it around it just did not happen, he had very little support in any community. In fact they had 10 years to sort out before Perry/Abbott were even around...
    Guns International

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I just found out Greg Abbot ordered the Texas Forensic Science Commission to cease all investigations into the possible (probable) innocence of Cameron Todd Willingham. This was after Rick Perry had replaced three key members the day before they were to review a report by an arson expert whom they hired to investigate the matter and who had concluded arson was not present in Willingham's case.

The whole thing reeks of a state-sanctioned murder cover-up. Old news for some, but I just found out about it. I won't be pulling the lever for Abbot or Perry (if he runs for anything) again.

I'm not asking to debate your choice, after all it is your right to choose who you vote for, but are you opposed to the death penalty?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I really don't see that, very little of this occurred on Perry or Abbott's watch. I have read thru a lot of it and I don't it, the evidence against the guy and the years and years they had to turn it around it just did not happen, he had very little support in any community. In fact they had 10 years to sort out before Perry/Abbott were even around...

Sure. But what about their actions before, during, and after his execution? Again, all evidence is pointing towards Perry and Abbot not wanting the truth to ever be known. Put yourself in their shoes. If there was strong suspicion an innocent man was executed, would you want to know the truth? Would you stop the truth from being known?

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, the death penalty is a political topic.

The jeep part was out there.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    The Davis ads are currently on TV during every single commercial break. Why does every libtard have such an annoying whiny voice.

It's Netflix time.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Its sickening. What a waste of money. If Republicans clean house tomorrow it'll prove people are no longer buying what the main stream media is selling. And the media is gonna say people voted against 0bama and not for Republicans.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I mostly ignore political adds, although I have been known to google them the first time around and fact check them, for either candidate.

The only add I really didn't like was the one where they essentially blame abbot because a woman was raped by a vacuum salesman. Well, blame a company for not doing a background check and say Abbott should burn in hell for not agreeing the company was liable.

I didn't like my 6 year old daughter asking what "rape" was.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Its sickening. What a waste of money. If Republicans clean house tomorrow it'll prove people are no longer buying what the main stream media is selling. And the media is gonna say people voted against 0bama and not for Republicans.

They already are.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Some of the worse attack ads I've ever heard in my life are playing right now for a guy named Ray Lahood. I don't know his party affiliation buy I wouldn't vote for his ass after hearing his annoying ads.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I just found out Greg Abbot ordered the Texas Forensic Science Commission to cease all investigations into the possible (probable) innocence of Cameron Todd Willingham. This was after Rick Perry had replaced three key members the day before they were to review a report by an arson expert whom they hired to investigate the matter and who had concluded arson was not present in Willingham's case.

The whole thing reeks of a state-sanctioned murder cover-up. Old news for some, but I just found out about it. I won't be pulling the lever for Abbot or Perry (if he runs for anything) again.

I know this Willingham thing has been a favorite whipping boy of the anti-death penalty crowd for a while now, and that's fine, but I'm not sure it's fair to say that Abbott "ordered the Texas Forensic Science Commission to cease all investigations into the possible (probable) innocence of Cameron Todd Willingham." From my understanding, he was asked as Attorney General to rule on jurisdiction and concluded that the Commission did not have authority over cases that had been adjudicated prior to its existence, which was 2005. Willingham was executed in 2004.

I'm not a lawyer and have no opinion whether Abbott's legal conclusion was right or wrong, but on the surface it doesn't seem to be a particular stretch to say that an agency doesn't have jurisdiction over something that happened before it was created.

In any event, as tragic and intolerable as it would be if Willingham was truly innocent, at least he was afforded the benefit of due process, unlike the millions of unquestionably innocents that Wendy Davis actively fought to send to slaughter.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

You know, I really don't care.

But why play the charade? I mean seriously. So you didn't overturn a jury ruling. And 10 years of a guy trying to prove his innocence in a game justifiably rigged in his favor, he couldn't. Why pander to a group of people hellbent on your political destruction? 5 years after it mattered.

I'm much more bothered about him jogging in a thunderstorm having a tree fall on him and suing for millions.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Some of the worse attack ads I've ever heard in my life are playing right now for a guy named Ray Lahood. I don't know his party affiliation buy I wouldn't vote for his ass after hearing his annoying ads.

He is a Democrat but regardless, the guy rubs me the wrong way too. Something about him that raises a red flag when I see him or hear him talk.

Top Bottom