APOD Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    I found another box of Hornady 125 gr. XTP bullets today at Academy of all places (they only had the one box). The box seal was broken but the inner bag was still sealed. It appears that someone may have reutrned it after buying it thinking it was a box of cartridges instead of just bullets.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Didn't reload today but I did unbox my fedex package from Natchez.

200 123gr Hornady SST
    200 123gr Lehigh Defense Controlled Chaos
    100 pieces of 7.62x39 brass.

I need to pick up some dies and get to work.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

200 123gr Hornady SST

Ive been noticing that dies are becoming harder to find just like everything else. If you see them, id definitely buy them as they seem to be drying up. Ive been seeing crazy prices on ebay for used dies in common calibers. That usually isnt the case either

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Ive been noticing that dies are becoming harder to find just like everything else. If you see them, id definitely buy them as they seem to be drying up. Ive been seeing crazy prices on ebay for used dies in common calibers. That usually isnt the case either
    Crap

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse

200 123gr Hornady SST

Been sizing some x39 brass myself. Sized about 400 over the last couple nights now. 600 to go... Need some bullets now

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

I've been following Reddit discord, it seems that almost all reloading equipment is tough to get right now.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Last week there was a discussion on sizing cases to remove the bulge in some cases like those from Glock 40 S&W pistols. I ordered a "Lee Bulge Buster" kit from Amazon and it arrived the other day. This tool is meant to be used in conjunction with a Lee Factory Crimp die of the appropriate caliber.

Some were of the opinion that it would be better to feed the cases base first and that the push pin of the Lee system and maybe others were too short.

I sometimes do some casting and use Lee Bullet Sizers which happen to come with a push pin which are longer.

20210106_180215 (Large).jpg

20210106_185155 (Large).jpg

I'll see if I can give this a try tomorrow.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Dies seem to be available through Amazon. Not sold by amazon but sold through amazon. Some prices are kinda high. most have free shipping for Prime members
    Tried to order some 7.62x54 dies the other day on amazon. They were $62.95. I ordered a new bipod instead.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Dang, I guess with all the discussion about dies starting to dry up I should consider myself lucky to pick up my 38 Special Lee Loader for normal list price of 40.98. I did do something today though. I found someone online who had X-Treme 125 gr. .357 diameter FP plated bullets with a cannelure. Got the last 500 piece box. That will bring my plinking/practice ammo down to 25¢ a round and let me save my 125 gr. XTP bullets for +P defensive load development. Now if I can just find a brick of small pistol primers that doesn't cost $125.00 a brick then I can get the cost per round even lower.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Dies seem to be available through Amazon. Not sold by amazon but sold through amazon. Some prices are kinda high. most have free shipping for Prime members
    Got around to it this evening and the bullet sizer push pin works fine pushing the cases base first.

It does take quite a bit of effort to push the cases through (using a Rockchucker) in either direction.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Moved most of it down the stairs.
    Found bullets I'd forgotten about.
    That was nice.
    Heh - started digging around too this morning. Bought out a guy's reloading stuff years ago and found stuff I forgot I had. Found some powder I haven't ever used before, but I'll figure it out.

Top Bottom