Texas SOT

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I already have a 22br and a30br. Gifted a 6 dasher barrel, but will chamber it for 6br. Still trying to find a good load for the recently acquired 6ARC. It seems to like the 107 Sierras, but the CFE223 is awful dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh shit. I just realized you're the guy I'm friends with on Facebook from the redeye group.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I already have a 22br and a30br. Gifted a 6 dasher barrel, but will chamber it for 6br. Still trying to find a good load for the recently acquired 6ARC. It seems to like the 107 Sierras, but the CFE223 is awful dirty.

I know a few guy’s running varget and heavies in arc with good luck. In bolt guns though.

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    Loaded 40 test loads for 243 with H4831 and 100 gr interlocks
    Loaded 6ppc for this weekend’s match in New Braunfels
    Loaded 25 test rounds for the 6ARC

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Loaded 40 test loads for 243 with H4831 and 100 gr interlocks
    Loaded 6ppc for this weekend’s match in New Braunfels
    Loaded 25 test rounds for the 6ARC

I started with h100v for my 243 and it was fantastic. First load I tried was great. Havent seen that powder in years though and just loaded up the last of what I had.

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    I started with h100v for my 243 and it was fantastic. First load I tried was great. Havent seen that powder in years though and just loaded up the last of what I had.

I might have to try that, I have some of that powder.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've finally started unpacking my presses after my move and getting set up again. No reloading room this time around. Just a couple of benches in the shop. Unfortunately, I've only loaded a few rounds since covid.
    14166f98537f4fe1abfa74aa0468defc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Dang. Reloading goals.

Awesome setup.

JayeMechanico

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    Finally set up the bench. After several years of being packed away and out of mind, I got all the equipment organized and laid out. Processed and loaded up my first ever reloads. My maiden voyage in this craft was for the .308 Winchester
    Loaded up 40 pieces of 168gn Hornady BTHP. Using CFE223, I used four separate charge weights and loaded up 10 of each. Testing for my 18" Stag to commence.
    I'm setup for .308win .223rem .300WinMag Good Times.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Loaded some 44-40. But I have a different question... I'm tired of cleaning the brass after I polish it. Walnut shell does a great job cleaning and polishing the outside, but the inside is still nasty with polish dust. Anyone here use a sonic cleaner they really like? Me thinks it's time to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk
    I got one and I swear by it. There's a bit of a learning curve as far as how your local water reacts with lemishine but if you start light you won't be sorry; don't forget the Dawn, two squirts!

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I've finally started unpacking my presses after my move and getting set up again. No reloading room this time around. Just a couple of benches in the shop. Unfortunately, I've only loaded a few rounds since covid.
    14166f98537f4fe1abfa74aa0468defc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    I used to have a shop, 5k sf, but it was a rental and it would have sucked to move out a reloading setup when I closed things down; it was bad enough clearing out all the surplus ammo I had bought over the 15 years I had it!

OP, you mentioned you're in Magnolia which to me means it's YOUR shed! Nice!

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I keep telling myself I need to put in some shop time + I need to get the grandson over and start him on what does what, goes where. He knows it's all his when I exit stage left but he needs to have an idea as to what he's doing!

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Update on my project... I finally got my enclosed room semi-finished in the garage. Got the barn-type door hung yesterday (a first, for me) . I don't really plan to finish the outside with paint or anything... the garage has never been painted, so it should "match". There are lots of little "finishing" things, like floating the corner of the room to dress it a little bit, and I need to trim out the door to make it seal a little better when closed.

Then comes the fun part of re-arranging the inside to take advantage of all my new shelving.

I tested the little a/c unit yesterday for about 20 minutes, and it got the room down to 83 degrees pretty easily. I'm happy.

This project has reminded me how old and out of shape I really am.... :( :roflsmile:

reloading room.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    A couple suggestions:

1 put a metal corner bead on that corner. Mud it up after installed. It’s going to get banged up, and that corner bead will help protect it.

2 paint it with at least one coat of primer.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    1 put a metal corner bead on that corner. Mud it up after installed. It’s going to get banged up, and that corner bead will help protect it.
    Yep.... that's on the "to do" list.

IF I decide to paint it, it will be down the road a ways, I imagine. I'm sure that if I do that, my wife will insist I paint the rest of the garage.... and that would be a large project... unless I just paint around the things already on the wall...

Top Bottom