Guns International

What do you think about Yankee Hill Uppers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    I don't know but I just ordered one of the Black Diamond 6.8 SPC uppers from Midway USA. I have used their products including suppressors and have had very good luck with them.

TM

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I think they are viewed as middle of the road as to design and quality. I've got one of their free float quad rails and flip up iron sights.

The sights are pretty decent the only thing some people don't like about the front gas block/flip up sight is it is not pinned, but rather just secured with a pinch bolt arrangement. For me meh, not a big deal, that thing isn't going anywhere, and you can take it off and on without removing the flash hider.

That Black Diamond upper looks pretty nice.

Mot45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I took one on a trade awhile back and it's a good shooter. The barrel does look cool but it's not chrome lined.

According to their website, they do not offer a non chrome lined barrel. Is it an older one?

I have the 20" diamond fluted barrel. Fit and finish is nice. Has M4 feed ramps if thats your thing. I cant attest to how well it shoots as I have yet to top it with glass.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I should have a midlength diamond series rail on order this week... I have seem the spectre length in person... very cool...

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Are you speaking of the complete upper or just the bare receiver? If it's just the naked receiver, I just used one on my first build, it all came out very well and fits very well to the S&W lower. As far as other YHM parts, I've got a YHM gas block/flip up front sight and fixed rear sight. The only problem with the gas block is it's size, there's not much surface area on it, so it heats up quick.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm building a rifle at this very moment, and have a Yankee-Hill upper assembly (upper receiver with dust door and forward assist), gas block/flip-up sight, and their smooth free-float hand guard (with end-cap). In fact, I have the same gas block/sight on my M&P15 MOE.

It may be considered middle-of-the road, but it all fits as advertised, and the upper mates up nice and tight with my Spike's lower.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I like spikes tactical.. But don't risk ordering straight from them. I have had problems, my friends have had problems, and ive met strangers that have had problems with them(one a nightmare story about a piston upper he got from spikes). Regardless I have called them and ordered parts they told me were "In stock" and waited over a month to receive that item. Same with a yhm rail my buddy ordered from them.

Again I love their products and I have 5 lowers by spikes but will not order straight from them.

As far as the yhm I have had good consistent luck with all their products I own including rails, suppressor, sights and I would recommend them but I do think you can find better stuff out there for about the same prices.

Jcm

Top Bottom