• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Theyve been going for 2000+ on gunbroker. I hope the quality is up to snuff. They look awesome in pictures but I havent seen one in person yet

This one came as a complete surprise.
    Went into the LGS earlier today looking for some ammo for range trip tomorrow.
    As I was paying I looked up at the long gun rack behind the counter. There it was.
    I asked the pusher man about it. He said he had just put it out about thirty minutes before. I looked it over. So I bit. Total was $1400 out the door. There went the tax refund. Goddamn the pusher man! LoL.
    Already had some ammo for another .45-70 gun I have but never shoot. That gun has issues that will require another day to remedy.
    This new Ruglin is pretty nice. Gonna take it out tomorrow.
    It isn’t a pre-1980 Marlin but its nice. The action is slicked up. It cycles snap caps normally. Trigger is pretty good. Sights are large and blocky so precise shooting out past about 60yds will be iffy. Stock fit it typical machine done. Gaps here and there. Length of pull is just a teeny over long for me but we’ll see how things work at the range.
    One thing it does that I’ve not seen before is that little tab that sticks out of the bottom of the reciever rattles when you touch it. I remember that being held tight. No biggie I suppose.
    The sights leave something to be desired. The rear sight has a huge aperture. The front sight is also huge. It must be about an eighth of an inch wide with a green fiber insert. Very good for fast up close shooting but bad juju for distance. There is plenty of rail for optics. Since this gun isn’t really a long range set up I will probably leave the sights as is.
    Came with the hammer spur thingie. Already took that off.
    Has the stupid cross bolt safety of course. Definitely will swap that out for one of the Beartooth Mercantile saddle ring safety delete.
    Muzzle is threaded with a nicely fitted cap. I don’t do suppressors so it’ll stay as is.
    Overall it seems a fun little carbine. If I show up at the ER with dislocated shoulders and detached retinas I’ll let y’all know.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This showed up today. Think I found my new CCW, lol.

86a82aaf748df8f11469c915429ed68a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Box says P30LS V3, 9mm.

Never heard of V3S what is the difference between that and V3?
    It’s the same I just missed the space between the v3 and S. S is just the ambi safety. The P30l is still one I need to buy. I bought the threaded barrel for one with the hopes of it pushing me to buy the pistol lol

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    It’s the same I just missed the space between the v3 and S. S is just the ambi safety. The P30l is still one I need to buy. I bought the threaded barrel for one with the hopes of it pushing me to buy the pistol lol
    I thought there was some version that came out that I was unaware of, no problem. I really wanted the LEM trigger (tried out a V1 version they had for $750) but I believe I can convert the V3 to V1 if I want.

This one has a good trigger though. Reminds me of a PPQ. The DA is heavier but smooth like a 686

I shot the piss out of an old imac I had in my backyard. This thing is a shooter

joking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2015
    Houston
    I thought there was some version that came out that I was unaware of, no problem. I really wanted the LEM trigger (tried out a V1 version they had for $750) but I believe I can convert the V3 to V1 if I want.

This one has a good trigger though. Reminds me of a PPQ. The DA is heavier but smooth like a 686

I shot the piss out of an old imac I had in my backyard. This thing is a shooter

Man, the P30L v1 is on my short list ever since I shoot one.

Top Bottom